Network Architect ? Tysons Corner, Va
Our client is actively searching for a Network Architect to join their team in Tyson's Corner, Virginia. This Network Architect will work directly with C-Levels and the Enterprise Architecture team to create network architectures to meet business needs. This person will also be involved in determining network strategy across the entire organization. This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions and programs that can truly make a difference at one of the World's top Information Technology Services companies.
This position is located in Richmond, VA.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Prepares business case, lobbies to secure funding for, and drives implementation of new technologies based upon business value drivers and return on investment.
* Owns overall platform architecture vision and ensures specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged
* Drives pieces of the holistic vision of Network Architecture.
* Leads the construction of infrastructure architecture components.
* Leads the definition of business and IT recovery operating environment.
* Leads Network architecture vision and ensures specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged.
* Anticipates areas where architecture standards may need to be developed and defines those standards that are in-line with customer, IT and industry standards.
* Drives solutions which address service requirements, component capacities and loads for planned business growth.
* Defines systems and technical architectures for new strategic initiatives
* Assures compliance to the EA and Domain roadmaps using cost effectiveness, business value and competitiveness arguments.Requirements:
* Requires Bachelor's degree in related field; 7 years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. MS/MA degree preferred.
* 12 years of experience in information technologies and/or 8 years of experience in health care industry preferred.
* Proficiency in Content management and workflow systems, Data center architecture, Mobile infrastructure, Virtualization and Voice Infrastructure preferred.
* Experienced in architecting solutions using emerging technologies is required.
* Software Defined Network (Cisco ACI, VMWare NSX, Arista Cloud Vision) is an asset.
* Strong architecture experience in enterprise wireless technologies is required.
* SME interior and exterior GW routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP) is required.
* IPv6 migration planning / integration execution is an asset.
* Application load balancing technologies (F5s, A10s, etc.) is an asset.
* Experience in planning and extending networks into cloud services is asset.
* Identify Services Engine experience is an asset.
* Experience with architecture frameworks is an asset.
* Project management skills / experience is an asset.
** FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SEND YOUR MOST UPDATED RESUME TO WESTON.WALKER@RHT.COM **