Title: Network Automation Engineer
Location: Portland, OR or one of our GEO's - Washington, Texas, Florida, California
Job #: LA862638724
IGNW is an engineering-based resourcing company headquartered in Portland, OR with GEO based teams in Seattle, WA / Austin & Dallas, TX / Southeast US / California. We have global partnerships to deliver the industry's top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic partnerships include Google Cloud, Hashicorp, Puppet, Cisco, and Docker. WHY IGNW?
So many reasons, one being IGNW has earned the Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service to job seekers, hiring managers and current Contractors. Check it out! https://www.bestofstaffing.com/agencies/ignw/
Take a look and see if this is a match.... or any other jobs posted! Summary:
The IGNW Network Automation Engineers are highly qualified, experienced, personable and knowledgeable across many different languages, processes and toolsets. As a company, we provide both training and hands on consulting to our customer to help them move forward with contemporary IT strategies
Network Automation Engineers are responsible for providing highly technical design and implementation consulting to our enterprise technical customers. The position could include 25% travel, mainly within the United States.
IGNW is seeking a full-time Engineer that is interested in providing both pre and post sales consulting as well as technical training for our customers. Responsibilities:
- Architect, Develop & Implement innovative software solutions related to the automation of network infrastructure in the enterprise.
- Technologies will include Git, Python, Jenkins, Network platforms (Cisco, Juniper, ICOS, SONiC), ROBOT framework
- Work with I&O teams to develop automations strategies for private data center stacks
- Experience or at least strong understanding of networks as it pertains to base protocols, topologies, routing, switching.
- Manipulation of network devices through REST API or other methods available
- Complex multi-layered logic creation for validation and testing
- Potential work with software languages which will include node.js, Go, Java, PHP, Ruby and COTS based application distributions
- Utilize CI/CD Processes and suggest or Automate Paths Forward to Mitigate those Weaknesses
- Collaboration: Work with your peers within your team and outside your team to help develop these solutions. Work with leaders at customer locations to help advise them on how best to achieve their DevOps goals
- Learning and Teaching: To be a continuous Learner. To generously teach others what you learn
- Feedback: To provide respectful yet honest feedback to leadership about how to better achieve the DevOps goals
- Knowledgeable: To be Knowledgeable about the DevOps and the need for application teams to adopt Best Practices
Preferred Areas of expertise:
- 5+ years of Python Software Development
- 3+ years of Providing Technical Guidance to other Engineers
- 3+ Years of experience within a DevOps structure
- Demonstrate an expert level of understanding and experience with at least 1 CI/CD technology
- Friendly, sincere and energetic personality
- Highly intellectual
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Hashicorp Tools (Terraform, Consul, Vault, Nomad)
- GitHub Experience
- Software or Solutions Architect
- Development experience using REST
- Experience with CI servers
- IXIA traffic generation
- Jenkins and Jenkinsfile development
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Development experience using REST
- Experience working with an Agile team
- Bachelor's degree or higher
IGNW offers competitive rates and training. For full-time employees, they also offer full benefits plan, including medical, dental, vision, and generous retirement plan.
Please note: Candidates may need to pass a drug and/or background check.
Please send in your resume today and be sure to get a quick response from one of our onsite recruiters: email@example.com
Check out our reviews here: glassdoor.com
To view other IGNW opportunities please visit https://www.ignw.io/jobs