Title: Network DevOps/SRE Architect
Location: Bethesda, MD
Job #: JP5139901021 Note: This job is not open to C2C or 3rd party candidates.
IGNW is an engineering-based resourcing company headquartered in Portland, OR with GEO based teams in Seattle, WA / Austin & Dallas, TX / Southeast US / California. We have global partnerships to deliver the industry's top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic partnerships include Google Cloud, Hashicorp, Puppet, Cisco, and Docker.
So many reasons, one being IGNW being voted Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2020 across the U.S. and eight other countries. See the details here https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/glassdoor-best-places-to-work-2020 . IGNW also earned the Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service to job seekers, hiring managers and current Contractors. Check it out! https://www.bestofstaffing.com/agency/ignw/
We are proud to foster a great team working environment and offer highly competitive compensation and full benefits packages including medical, flexible spending accounts, dental, vision, 401k and more
Take a look and see if this is a match.... or any other jobs posted! Project Scope:
Our client is looking for a Network DevOps/SRE Architect with the following skills and experience: Responsibilities:
- Technical leadin developing the strategy and platforms for the next-gen operations for all networks including the Property Networks, Datacenter/Cloud Networks, and Corporate Networks.
- Work closely and collaboratively with a matrix team of expert network architects to drive adoption of DevOps/SRE practices and operating models across all network product towers, and around globe.
- Brings a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems, driving the engineering and operations for network software development, automation, provisioning, performance management and tools.
- Establish management level relationships and partnering with all business disciplines, other teams, outsourcing vendors, and external suppliers to define and implement the Network DevOps / SRE roadmap, building and enforcing the standards defined in it.
- Serve as lead to define and support service delivery and operational support standards for our Next Generation Operations, partnering with the global technology peer teams to meet service level requirements and resolve service delivery issues across the portfolio.
- Accountabilities include, but are not limited to: continental IT executives, property LAN service providers (LSPs), end-user computing services delivery, hosting services, enterprise availability, server, storage, virtualization, inclusive of security/privacy, risk management, and disaster and crisis management.
- Provide Architecture leadership for all phases of the infrastructure lifecycle from ideation through execution, and ongoing management and support, with specific attention to identifying opportunities for proactive and reactive (self-healing) automation solutions across the network.
- Develop and execute new initiatives to simplify, standardize, optimize, and automate the network designs, tooling, and operations to reduce implementation cycle times, eliminate service downtime, optimize performance, and ensure that all security and compliance requirements are fully governed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience/certification
- 10+ years' experience in information technology including:
- 7+ years of IT network infrastructure technical leadership experience (matrix and/or functional) with at least 3 years of experience in a DevOps/SRE oriented team.
- 4+ years of direct management of cross functional, sourced, or matrixed teams and outsourced suppliers
- 4+ years' experience in the implementation of WAN, LAN, and datacenter networks with a focus on mission-critical, customer-facing applications and services
- Technical knowledge in networking (Cisco and non-Cisco) with an emphasis on software-defined networks (SDN) and leveraging spine & leaf designs, firewalls, security design (intrusion detection and prevention), DNS, NTP, Network Tools & Management
- Technical knowledge common routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP), IPv6, VPN, etc. across a global distributed network
- Hands-on experience with the datacenter fabric platforms (Cisco, Arista, or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience with common routing and switching platforms (Cisco, Juniper, HP/Aruba etc.)
- Hands-on experience designing, configuring and operating high-speed campus / office / property networks
- Technical knowledge and experience with telco and ISP networks, ensuring diversity and managing availability
- Demonstrated experience in delivering written documents detailing network solutions and diagrams
- Knowledgeable in modern in modern configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Fabric, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine)
- Technical knowledge in Load Balancing such as ELBs, NLBs, F5 BIGIP
- Proven experience with PERL or Python to support developing scripts
Please note: Candidates may need to pass a drug and/or background check.
Please send in your resume today and be sure to get a quick response from one of our onsite recruiters:
Check out our reviews here: glassdoor.com
To view other IGNW opportunities please visit https://www.ignw.io/jobs