At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH Wireless is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to design and engineer effective and scalable network systems that ultimately contribute to the success of our 5G network. The successful candidate will participate in evaluation, testing, selection and deployment of foundational network elements for a nationwide greenfield 5G network buildout. He or she will provide advanced technical leadership for complex project work, including functional subsystem upgrades for mission-critical network devices and services as well as strategic upgrades to the network. In this role, you will:
- Effectively communicate engineering solutions through detailed high- and low-level diagrams;
- Design, plan and implement complex LAN/WAN/RAN configurations at nationwide scale;
- Establish requirements and provide analysis for network specifications, design, partitioning and architecture definition;
- Provide advanced expertise in the development of network test, validation and integration plans on projects and assurance of network integrity;
- Work independently with vendors to understand, test and drive new innovative features.
#LI-RO2Skills and experience
Ideal Senior Network Engineer candidates have:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical/computer Engineering preferred;
- 5+ years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space;
- Professional networking certifications a plus - CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or equivalent;
- Public cloud certifications a plus - advanced networking, cloud network engineer or equivalent.
Successful Senior Network Engineer candidates have extensive knowledge in:
- IP routing across a multi-site, hierarchical architecture;
- Architecture, design and engineering of automation for zero-touch-provisioning, configuration management and operating software management;
- Network configuration scripting with Perl, Python, Bash and Ansible;
- Design and implementation of automation tools;
- Configuration hardening of network and peripheral devices;
- IPv6 (SLAAC and DHCPv6);
- Server virtualization (VMWare, Openstack).
Compensation: $89,905.00/Year - $136,190.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.