Our client is looking for a full time Network Engineer to support their trading, and middle/back office environment who provide service in a fast-paced trading environment. Please note:
The client is not accepting candidates that require visa transfers THE DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities are focused in network infrastructure and telecom, delivering uninterrupted business operation, performing scheduled maintenance, and ownership of projects and implementations.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB:
- Work on assigned network infrastructure projects
- Perform analysis of alerts and events reported by network management platforms and work with senior staff on resolution
- Produce daily Network Health Check reports
- Provide support during system installations across all sites
- Provide 2nd/3rd level support on daily network infrastructure issues reported to unified support group
- Provide support to other Systems Infrastructure teams during project implementation
- Maintain inventory of network and telecom devices
- Facilitate meeting with vendors and maintain vendor contact database
- Responsible for network tasks related to new joiner and leaver requests
- Cross train other team members on projects, and network technologies
- Responsible for fling Change Control requests and activities
- Responsible for projects that will require late night and weekend participation
- Responsible for on-call weekend
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong theoretical knowledge of networking and skills to support, configure, and install networking solutions.
- Candidate should have previous experience working with network infrastructure areas preferably in a financial institution.
- Advanced knowledge on configuration of routers, switches, firewalls, Cloud networking components.
- Knowledge of design and architecture of LAN, MAN, WAN, SAN networks.
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols EIGRP, BGP, NAT, LACP, CDP, UDLD, VPC, DNS, DHCP
- Advanced knowledge on troubleshooting networking issues OSI layers 1-7 across data, voice and video, storage networks.
- A plus if you have k nowledge of Cisco Unified communication components such as communication manager, video communication servers, telepresence servers, telepresence management server, meeting server, collaboration endpoints, IPC Unigy Dealer Board (turret) system..
- Knowledge on network management platforms: Solarwinds, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Collaboration and Assurance, DCNM.
- 2nd / 3rd Level Support
- MUST HAVE excellent communication skills
- Able to follow priorities set by management.
- Late night and weekend work will be required on a rotational basis.
- Some lifting of heavy networking and voice equipment may be required.