Expedient helps companies transform their IT operations through award-winning cloud solutions and managed services including disaster recovery, security and compliance, and more. Named VMware s Americas Cloud Partner of the Year and acknowledged in Gartner s Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service, Expedient s solutions help to ease clients transition to the cloud, enabling them to focus on strategic business innovation while the Expedient team handles operation of the information technology needed to support it.
We have an immediate need for a Network Engineer to join the Operations Support Center. The successful candidate will have a strong technical acumen and a deep knowledge of networking fundamentals and network infrastructure including Juniper and Cisco products and services. This position will focus on supporting and administering networks across several data centers in either a shared or dedicated client configuration.
Sponsorship is not provided.
Recruiting/staffing firms are not utilized. Job seekers should apply directly.
- Prioritize and resolve escalated trouble tickets related to networking technologies including routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, load balancers, etc. by phone, email or video conference
- Support tier 1 and tier 2 staff by answering their questions and assisting them with troubleshooting a problem
- Support client solutions across all Expedient data centers as assigned by the management team
- Apply standard operating procedures (SOPs) for client need resolutions and update trouble ticketing system to log all requests and activities, including documentation of special requests and customizations
- Monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service-impacting events relating to IT, network and facility conditions
- Communicate with client and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to client requests
- Participate in an on-call rotation, approximately 1 week per month (comp differential is available)
- Adhere to change-management procedures to provide accountability and ensure minimal production downtime
- Escalate problems to external vendors when necessary to resolve the escalated issue
- Create documentation and write up standard operating procedures for both internal and client use when a better practice is discovered and applied
- At least an associate degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience and industry technical certifications (CCNA, CCENT, JNCIA, JNCP, JNTCP, CCIE, etc.)
- Previous experience working with clients to deliver support for networking technologies
- Ability to be patient and calm to prioritize and be productive in high-pressure situations, providing timely status updates to clients, peers and/or project management
- Strong troubleshooting skills, including the ability to quickly identify and resolve problems in "down" situations
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable level of competency with the following concepts:
- Principals of networking
- Firewalls and access control lists
- Dynamic routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, etc.)
- Load-balancing concepts and configuration
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPN technologies (IPSec, SSL, MPLS, VPLS, eVPN)
- Virtualization fundamentals
Required Non-Technical Skills:
- Patience and the ability to consistently maintain a professional demeanor as well as effectively explain complex concepts to others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and documentation skills; all work documentation is captured in job ticket details and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for use by other members of the team
- Superior verbal and written communications skills as this role will be corresponding with all levels within the organization
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds; remain in a seated position and use phone, ticketing system
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT Expedient was awarded a Top Workplace for a fifth year in 2019. We make education and training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include generous paid time off, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest. If this isn t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.