Direct Hire Network Engineer - Infra/Cloud Opportunity! For resume consideration, please email !
Our client is one of the fastest-growing Cloud Computing companies in the industry. Based in Raleigh, NC, the company has a solid track record of delivering world-class products and services to our customers located throughout the country and around the globe. Our client is seen as a leader in desktop virtualization with marked success in application virtualization for both Windows and Mac applications. The company also provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Desktop as a Service (DaaS), Backup as a Service (BaaS), and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solutions with leading cloud & enterprise infrastructure.
The Cloud Network Engineer will work as a member of the Cloud Platforms Architecture & Engineering department. The Cloud Network Engineers' primary responsibility is sustaining, building, and upgrading LAN/WAN networks and related infrastructure.
The overall Architecture & Engineering team is responsible for successfully designing, planning, building and operating the Cloud platforms. The Architects are primarily responsible for leading new initiatives or significant changes from inception to implementation. The Engineers are primarily responsible for sustaining, upgrading & extending platforms. All department members provide advanced support, troubleshooting, and management for the Cloud platforms. Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
(Essential Duties include but are not limited to):
- Install & upgrade cloud platform network infrastructure components according to industry best practices
- Change the network configurations as needed for optimal security and or connectivity
- Configure monitoring and backups of network devices
- Hands-on installation & configuration of network & related technology
- Perform complex network configuration work across multiple data center and multiple customer environments in multi-tenant clouds
- Optimize the utilization, performance & capacity of Network & Cloud Platforms
- Plan & Schedule network maintenance according to SOP's
- Create & maintain network documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Partner and collaborate with internal teams in the support of cloud environments.
- Review entire environment and execute network-related initiatives to reduce failures, defects, and improve overall performance
- Document network configurations, procedures, and processes for use by other cloud operators
- Assist internal and external customers with advanced troubleshooting of networks
- Maintain uptime within acceptable SLA's & standards.
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
Preferred Experience with the Following Technologies:
- A proven level of expertise & competence with Network Infrastructure installation, operation, & upgrades
- 5 years of work experience or equivalent college degree and work experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in completing assigned technical tasks
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to work on a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
- Travel internationally 10%-25% for work in data centers & professional development
- Applies experiences and knowledge attained in solving problems that are complex in scope, requiring in-depth evaluation as well as the ability to identify problems in advance, and propose solutions.
- Requires limited supervision and direction; drive results, and set priorities independently.
- Ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously. This position will require working with several departments and different personalities.
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced, positive, high energy environment. It can have periods of high stress due to deadlines and the necessity of quick response times.
- Protects and maintains the integrity of our company and customer information. These protections include information assets including customer and company information for any PHI, PII, billing, contact, and other related personal or proprietary information. All positions have role-based levels of access to networks, systems, customers, and company information. Information Security is a top priority and access granted is limited to only necessary systems and information required to perform the expected job responsibilities.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs & install equipment up to 2 hours per day
- Employment experience with a CSP and / or MSP
- Experience operating multi-tenant environment(s)
- Firewalls & Network Security devices
- Switches, Routers, & Load Balancers
- Network Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, HSRP)
- Monitoring & Alerting (SNMP, NetFlow, Syslog, etc)
- Optical Transport
- VPN configuration
- Carrier & Circuit Management
- VMware (vSphere, NSX, vCD, etc)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or