Position: Network Engineer – Cloud
Location: Sterling, VA
****Local candidates only. No relocation or telecommute****
***US Citizen or Green Card required***
Overview: As a member of our client’s Network Engineering Team, we are looking for a Network Engineer to be responsible for day to day operations and continuous monitoring (CONMON) support of a FEDRAMP compliant cloud platform. Duties will include troubleshooting internal infrastructure network issues with the cloud platform and collaborating with Security Engineering and Compliance Teams for the tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities. This position will report to the Senior Manager, IT Engineering Services.
- Provide Enterprise scale network support within a cloud environment delivering Infrastructure as a Service
- Demonstrate proficiency in network administration Load Balancing (F5 Networks, F5 iRules), Firewalls (Cisco Systems, Juniper Networks), IDS/IPS, IPSEC VPN, PVLAN, Switching (L2, L3).
- Daily monitoring of ticket queues, execution of assigned work, documentation and development of technical change management plans.
- Responsible for system and network standards, upgrades, maintenance, and monitoring, network operations vendor, contract management and proper reporting to leadership. Will require the support of maintenance activities during non-peak production hours.
- Provide technical documentation and instruction relative to complex problems.
- Implement and troubleshoot dynamic IP routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS)
- Perform network latency analysis, performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- Contribute in an on-call rotation for after hour, weekend and holiday support.
- Background in network data center and network carrier infrastructure lifecycle, including budget, planning, requirements management, and test procedures
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of multi-site network operations experience
- Two or more years of hands-on operational experience with VMware, virtual networking concepts (virtual switching), NSX Edge Gateways
- Experience with security and compliance as part of the IAVM and remediation process, POAM tracking and reporting.
- Experience with Incident, Change and Problem Management, and tools (Remedy, CA Nimsoft, ServiceNow)
- Vendor certification in one or more relevant technologies (F5, Citrix, Juniper, Vmware..etc) ITIL v3 certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability to support multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining schedule and scope.