We are growing and are currently seeking a Network Engineer to join our Corporate Network team. The Network Engineer's primary duties include design, implementation, installation, maintenance and support of the network and cloud infrastructures as required to meet the needs of Tyler's corporate network. The person in this role will be heavily involved in project work, but also serves as a Tier 3 point of contact for supporting both cloud, office and datacenter networks, designing requirements and implementing new solutions.
As a part of Tyler's corporate staff, you will make an impact on outcomes that affect various areas of the company. Your work will ultimately support our team members, clients, stakeholders, and the public sector.Location
Plano, Texas | Yarmouth, MaineTravel
- Act as Tier 3 support and primary point of contact for troubleshooting and problem resolution of network connectivity and configuration issues
- Determine design and assess budgeting needs for future hardware and equipment purchases as well as cloud-based deployments
- Monitor network performance and take steps to ensure efficiency and up-time requirements are met in order to maintain strict client SLAs for application delivery / high availability
- Maintain relationships with carriers and network hardware vendors.
- Maintain records necessary for audit compliance, including but not limited to PCI, SSAE, SOX, CJIS, FedRAMP
- Responsible for documentation for team members and business partners
- Promote best practices for implementation and maintenance of all networks
- Manage switches, routers, SD-WAN Appliances, Firewalls, DNS/DHCP
- Manage network disruptions and manage vendors to restore connectivity and resolve and reduce network outages.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field of study, MIS or equivalent experience.
- IT certifications such as CCNA/CCNP, AWS CSA-P, MS ASA, and/or CISSP desired (or ability to obtain within 1 year of employment)
- Typically requires 5+ years of practical experience in Networking, TCP/IP setup and configuration, Cisco Routers/Switches, VPN appliances, Extreme Networks, F5, Wireless and other network hardware.
- Proficient routing/switching expertise: BGP, ISIS, OSPF, VLAN, STP, Trunking, Port-Channeling,etc.
- Proficient with technologies such as SD-WAN, MPLS, VPN, VoIP, QoS, Load Balancing, etc
- Solid experience with network design/implementation/support across multiple platforms including evaluating hardware and software networking requirements
- Ability to deliver clear and concise runbooks, network diagrams and other types of documentation
- Solid understanding of cloud-based network orchestration and automation tools, cloud-based networking design, vpc peering, cloud-based network limitations, and optimizations. AWS preferred.
- CJIS (criminal justice information system) clearance will be required after hire. Candidates with active secret or top-secret clearances are also strongly encouraged to apply.
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.