Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Candidates must be able to obtain DHS Suitability (EOD). US Citizenship is required.
TekStream is looking for a CCNP certified Datacenter Network Engineer for a large enterprise datacenter supporting a Federal customer in Stennis Space Center, MS.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing maintenance and performance standards of data, voice or video network hardware and systems.
- Troubleshooting highly complex data, voice or video network and hardware problems
- Researching and analyzing complex network problems; assessing and evaluating current and future systems.
- Providing expert technical support and guidance on highly complex design issues to customers and less experienced personnel.
- Prepares complex proposal documentation
- Developing and conducting training as needed
- Performing cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects and making recommendations based on these
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Server Driven Networks (SDN) Certification Required CCNP
- Nine or more years of experience in networks, LAN/WAN or management information systems
- Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g.; mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server) and multiple network systems (e.g.; Novell, Windows NT, etc.)
- Experience working with network systems and networking principles, data, voice or video
- Experience working with network software and hardware, data, voice or video
- Strong network performance modeling and benchmarking skills
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members, management, customers and support personnel
- Strong leadership skills to oversee project team
- Must have knowledge in network and switching protocols
- Must be strong in firewalls and firewall rule contexts
- Must have strong knowledge in Nexus Operating System (NX-OS)
- Knowledge on F5 Load Balancers
- Knowledge on WAN Optimization on VxLAN and/or Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)