Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, installs, upgrades, configures, and repairs local and remote Windows Server systems and hardware for Company, and its business partners.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves systems problems.
- Evaluates, tests, and recommends appropriate technology and system architecture best suited for Company.
- Installs/Tests/Deploys Company approved software and/or upgrades.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of Company Windows systems and Windows infrastructure.
- Prepare and submit Change Control Forms as required.
- Manage server volumes by ensuring sufficient disk space, verifying permissions and maintaining file ownership and managing storage quotas.
- Delivers top tier problem support and resolution within specified service delivery commitments.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance with business needs, Company configuration standards and industry best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Act as member of a ticket queue system to address and resolve day-to-day support requests.
- Provide 24x7 on call support.
- Ensure complete and timely communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements Windows System Engineers must possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics.
- Stong working knowledge of Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Office 365, Azure, and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques used in administering complex computer systems and SAN environment.
- Strong customer service and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to make correct timely decisions, effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented / collaborative environment across teams to complete. work but must be able to work individually as well.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work non-standard hours as needed for system changes and deployments.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of the following technologies is a PLUS:
- Linux Operating Systems (Redhat and Centos)
- VMware 6x
- VMware Horizon View/VDI
- Cisco UCS
- EMC VNX, Unity and Data Domain storage & MDS storage switching
- F5 LTM, GTM, APM
Experience & Education
- College degree in the field of computer science and/or equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in IT as a Windows Administrator/Engineer.
- Certifications are strongly preferred.