Please send your resume over to Scott Measell at email@example.com if you are interested and qualified! Must be open to 7x24 schedule as needed. Current openings are 1st shift, 7 AM - 3 PM. Prior experience working tickets and troubleshooting alarms, and testing circuits in a telecom environment will be most helpful. Description:
You will provide technical support for a government focused set of clients. You will be responsible for proactive network monitoring, trouble isolation and resolution of issues with LAN, WAN, and WLAN technologies. Performing trouble isolation and repair of logical and physical layers, including directing internal and third-party resources you will facilitate resolution of faults on the network within established baseline objectives. You will work with Change Management, Lifecycle Management, and Problem Management Teams as required and maintain accurate logs of trouble isolation and repair efforts and escalate/communicate issues to management as needed. Improving the customer experience makes us better. And here, better matters.
You'll take ownership of issues and their successful resolution. You're proactive, driven to find improvement opportunities, and creative and persistent in solving problems. Your superior time management, prioritization, and planning skills help you thrive in a dynamic work environment.
You'll need to have:
* Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Current CCNA certification (Nice to have).
* Hands-on experience configuring, managing, and troubleshooting routers and switches in a production WAN/LAN/MAN environment.
* Knowledge of the OSI model, including TCP/IP, client/server designs, routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), LAN technologies (FDDI, Ethernet, Token Ring), WAN technologies (Internet, POS, ISDN, private lines), VLANs DNS, VPNs, IP telephony and/or circuit testing.
* Knowledge of telecommunications transmission facilities, switch translations and customer premise equipment.
* Willingness to work any shift, plus overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in telecommunications, engineering or computer science.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as exceptional customer service skills.
* Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills.
* Ability to thrive in a demanding, fast paced 24x7x365 operations support environment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org