Our client is currently seeking a Network Engineer - II
You will provide technical support for a Managed Services Customer. You will be responsible for proactive network monitoring, trouble isolation and resolution of issues with LAN, WAN, and WLAN technologies. Performing trouble isolation and repair of logical and physical layers, including directing internal and third-party resources you will facilitate resolution of faults on the network within established baseline objectives. You will work with Change Management, Lifecycle Management, and Problem Management Teams as required and maintain accurate logs of trouble isolation and repair efforts and escalate/communicate issues to management as needed. Improving the customer experience makes us better. And here, better matters.
You'll take ownership of issues and their successful resolution. You're proactive, driven to find improvement opportunities, and creative and persistent in solving problems. Your superior time management, prioritization, and planning skills help you thrive in a dynamic work environment.
You'll need to have:
* Associate degree or two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Current CCNA certification.
* Hands-on experience configuring, managing, and troubleshooting routers and switches in a production WAN/LAN/MAN environment.
* Knowledge of the OSI model, including TCP/IP, client/server designs, routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), LAN technologies (FDDI, Ethernet, Token Ring), WAN technologies (Internet, POS, ISDN, private lines), VLANs DNS, VPNs, IP telephony and/or circuit testing.
* Knowledge of telecommunications transmission facilities, switch translations and customer premise equipment.
* Willingness to work any shift, plus overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
Even better if you have:
* bachelor's degree in telecommunications, engineering or computer science.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as exceptional customer service skills.
* Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills.
* Ability to thrive in a demanding, fast paced 24x7x365 operations support environment.