Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Remote but prefers someone in Ashburn, VA
Contract: to 12/31/21. Will decide then if worker will extend or be brought on as an FTE
Must Have Skills:
Must be able to lift 50 pounds, Really strong networking knowledge in terms or protocols and designs, knowledge of net planner- highly desired but know that it is a hard skill to find, Be able to work together as a team, Good analytical skills, Cisco Modeling Tool (CML) and GNS
Nice to Have Skills:
NetPlanner Network modelling tool experience highly highly desired
• Build the network models in Riverbed NetPlanner software to test the impact of network changes
• Develop comprehensive test plans based on network designs and test requirements.
• Conduct integration testing of new network hardware, network design and software to support network infrastructure evolution.
• Support backend systems integration testing for provisioning, alarms and surveillance.
• Collaborate with security team to ensure new software, platform and design meets Visa's security compliance requirements.
• Publish test results and present findings to cross functional teams.
• Collaborate with Architecture, Engineering, Operations and System teams through the lifecycle of network and platform evolution.
• Build and maintain relationships with global Network Engineering and Operations teams to support network deployment and address network support issues.
• Leverage the findings from testing to develop methods and procedures to support successful deployment of new technologies in the production network.
• Install and maintain network hardware and software in the Global Engineering Test and Certification lab and proof-of-concept environments.
• Follow all documented Change Control process requirements to implement changes in the test environment.
• Work independently and support the platforms and network designs through their lifecycle.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or