Job Title: Network Engineer Location: Westlake, TX (Remote) Contract: 12+ Months Responsibilities
- Work closely with Maintenance Engineers to create and validate designs, test plans, products, services, platforms, and MOPs to meet the requirements of the MTCE Lab network - RAN/EPC, Transport & Applications.
- Work trouble and support tickets as per lab processes and procedures.
- Implement network installations, modifications, configuration changes to the lab network and analyze requirements for network connectivity.
- Perform code upgrades, test patches, hotfixes and regression tests on Transport devices.
- Lead, manage and implement technical projects coming into the Maintenance Engineering Lab and ensure projects are completed by established timelines.
- Assist MTCE Lab Engineers with Lab customer issues and troubleshooting to problem resolution.
- Create, Organize, and Document transport network, including Visio Diagrams which will be shared with the team.
- Use network analysis and monitoring tools to troubleshoot network issues.
- Integrate SDN/NFV and test automation technologies into the Maintenance Engineering lab environment.
- Create scripts for health checks, policy checks, security checks, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related disciplines.
- Active certifications - CCNP, JNCIP preferred.
- 8 or more years of experience in wireless or telecommunications environment
- Scripting experience
- Experience with Wireless Lab architecture with proficiency in wireless data call flows.
- Experience on integrated Multi-Vendor platforms (Cisco - ASR 9Ks, CRS-8, Nexus 7ks, Juniper - MX-series, QFX5100, SRX 3600 & 3800, Nokia - 7705, 7750, F5 Viprion).
- Hands-on experience and in-depth understanding of IPv4/IPv6
- Good understanding of SDN/NFV, Data Center technologies
- Detailed knowledge and extensive experience working and troubleshooting TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, VXLAN, QOS, AAA.
- Experience with Juniper SRX 3600 and 3800 Firewalls.
- Working experience with network troubleshooting and monitoring tools.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or