At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Network Engineer based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
Candidate will be part of the Network Development team and assist the senior network design engineers with the design and development of network components supporting the C2BMC BMDS Communications Network.
The candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Design, implementation, integration, and testing of network policies and devices
- Assist in supporting the network development life cycle with peer reviews, documentation and configuration management adhering to project level process plans
- Active Secret clearance
- 5 years with a BA/BS in STEM field or a related technical discipline; 9 years' experience in lieu of degree.
- DOD 8570 IAT II certification (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Basic understanding of network communication protocols and network routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP) and IP network troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of network testing methodologies using routers, switches, and firewalls
- Knowledge of TCP/IP behavior, network communications and routing protocols, network traffic analysis and troubleshooting experience
- Proven Communication Network Engineering in the DoD environment.
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organization.
- Knowledge of MDA and the BMDS.
- STIG implementation and standards.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who aren't technically trained.
- Certification in the industry: vendor Juniper or Cisco a plus.
- Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize your workload.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
*Note: This requisition and position description below does not represent all current openings but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that exist or frequently become available, and candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman as well.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.