Pangaia Partners is a leading edge professional & managed services provider with a strong focus in network engineering, collaboration and data center solutions. Our name, inspired by the original landmass unifying the earth, represents the convergence of technology and its ability to bring together people, companies and organizations across the globe. We help our clients engineer custom solutions to solve business challenges while empowering them to build innovative, lasting, competitive advantages.
Since our inception in 2001, Pangaia Partners has served emerging, midmarket and Fortune 500 companies in a wide range of industries including Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Telecommunications, Insurance, Energy, Real Estate, Manufacturing and Government Sectors.
Pangaia Partners offers full time employees a generous benefit package which includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, holiday and personal time. In addition, Pangaia Partners offer health, dental, 401k, LTD, STD and other attractive benefits.
Pangaia Partners is looking for a Network Engineer for a project involving high frequency trading operations. The ideal candidate will have approximately 5+ years of experience in Network Engineering with experience in enterprise level financial, manufacturing, logistics, or pharmaceutical industries strongly preferred.
- Maintain LAN/WAN network, connectivity between all datacenters and financial extranets; contact vendors to establish connectivity; deploy and configure routers, switches, and security firewalls
- Apply scripting and/or programming skills to automate network management, monitoring and reporting.
- Design and implement global MPLS infrastructure
- Design and operate DWDM networks
- Manage cross-functional projects
- Monitor latency, bandwidth utilization, and the general condition of the WAN; reporting on problems to the IT, Support and Trading teams on a real-time, 24x7 basis
- Apply strong knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, including stack and driver protocol optimizations and their interaction with the network
- Work with application developers to tune and optimize real-time systems
- Apply strong knowledge of key networking protocols such as IP, UDP, TCP and multicast in the design and deployment of state-of-the-art trading networks
- Work with Cloud based systems such as AWS, Google, and Cisco ACI
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience
- Cisco Certifications such as CCNP; CCDP, CCIE or similar certifications preferred
- Strong background in Multicast and Exchange B2B
- Experience with Co-Location facilities and integration in overall network infrastructure
- LAN/WAN design, implementation and monitoring
- Scripting or programming skills in one or more major languages
- MPLS design, implementation and management
- Deep technical experience utilizing network latency management solutions
- Experience with multicast required
- Hands on experience with Cisco Nexus and Arista platforms
- Proficient in routing protocols: TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP, Multicast, IP CEF
- Advanced performance tuning and capacity management concepts
- Through understanding of IP concepts including routing, VLAN's, QoS, tuning and capacity management concepts
- Ability to analyze and design network systems to achieve efficient and secure operation