As part of a large scale program supporting the Intelligence Community, you will leverage your expertise to transform and build an end-to-end national-level security environment using DevOps to integrate, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and operate multiple systems on traditional and advanced cloud platforms. This is a large scale contract with a 5 year period of performance and an incredible opportunity to join our Leidos team! The work will be performed in Reston and Tysons, VA. Selected talent will use cutting edge technology to establish a DevOps ecosystem and promote an innovative agile environment.
This role provides technical expertise in network engineering, administration, and operations. This role maintains enterprise network infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). This role monitors technology obsolescence, manages upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical. This role monitors operations and collects and evaluates metrics to manage network services and for inclusion into project KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLA). This individual performs risk assessment, risk mitigation analysis, vendor trade studies, and appropriate documentation to ensure network services are available according to established Service Level Agreements (SLA). This role ensures continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Primary Responsibilities
Responsible for architecture, design, installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of networks, including associated hardware and cloud resources. Duties include updating to new technologies, tuning performance, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches. This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources. Basic Qualifications
- Experience with Hosting Platforms: Cloud/Amazon Web Services (AWS) and physical servers (HP, Cisco, and Dell)
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience directing and controlling activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.