Business Group HighlightsDefense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.Responsibilities
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce 14,000 strong stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate/upcoming need for a Network Engineer (Journeyman)
in theTampa, Fl
Perspecta is currently looking for dedicated, dependable, and reliable Journeyman Level Network Engineers to support the upcoming GSMO-II contract with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). DISA provides network operations management support to its national security customers via Department of Defense (DoD) Information Networks/Defense Information System Network (DODIN/DISN) capabilities which are deployed and operated worldwide. DODIN/DISN capabilities are functionally a system-of-systems entity that is in a continuing sustainment phase of its life cycle. We are looking for network engineers in a following technical areas: Transport (Optical), IP, and Voice and Video over IP also known as Unified Capabilities.Primary Responsibilities:
These positions will support the GSM-II program and in particular the Operational Engineering Division at DISA Global Operational Command (DGOC) East and West. Tasks include:
QualificationsEducation and Experience Required:
- Providing technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes.
- Configuring and troubleshooting of network paths, making recommendations on implementation, tuning, and network rules in order to balance DISN network performance and posture.
- Performing escalation support to Network Operations Technicians.
- Performing system/network maintenance, upgrades and migrations.
- Performing network monitoring to asses if deployed changes have caused impacts to customer traffic using provided expectations of traffic behavior, lessons learned, and customer reporting.
- Interacting with vendor Technical Assistance Center (TAC) personnel to gather needed data to create hardware replacement order.
- Troubleshooting and configuring the following:
- Cisco Unity Connection features, subscribers, call handlers and call routing rules, Cisco routing and switching rules, or
- Optical Transport equipment CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, CISCO MSPP, or
- Juniper and Cisco routers
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- May hold entry-level or intermediate-level certification(s) in work field.
- Typically 4-8 years of relevant IT experience
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II Security+ CE
- DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for Singe Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with one of the following technologies:
- Optical Transport equipment CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA
- CISCO/Juniper Routers (ESR and ASR)
- IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience
- MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
- Experience with Cisco Voice platforms, Call Manager, Unity, VOIP gateway, SIP, PRI's, Dialing plans, and Cisco Unified Boundary Element (CUBE)
- Working knowledge of SIP signaling and call-flows
- Experience in SIP internetworking
- Working knowledge of Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) including G.711 and G.729 codecs, and Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF)
- Experience with Oracle SBCs and Cisco CUBEs
- Working knowledge of Unified Capabilities protocols (SRTP, RTP, IP, UDP, QOS, DSCP, etc
- Experience in H.323, H.320
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting G.711, G.722, G.729, H.264
- Expertise in one or more of the following: IP routing, QoS, traffic engineering, DNS; Web Content Filtering, FPCAP, Network appliances (WAN acceleration, etc).
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Requires expertise in two or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO,
- Juniper, Palo Altos, F5 Big IP, Sourefire, Bivio, Lancope, Fidelis. NIKSUN, Arcsight.
- CCNP or equivalent Juniper certifications
- CCNP Collaboration
- CCNP Routing and Switching
- DISA/DoD experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)