We are looking to hire a Senior Network Engineer for our direct client in Dallas, Texas. Candidate must have 5-7 years minimum of direct daily hands on experience in networking. This is an internal customer facing role so soft skills and communication abilities are critical.
Mode of Interview:
- First video screening by using platform called Ducknowl
- Zoom calls with hiring managers.
- Perform site assessments of new acquisitions, analyzing existing network infrastructure and recommending Meraki networking devices to replace what is present.
- Oversee deployment of Meraki equipment at locations, going on-premise where local resources not adequate.
- Network policy and rule implementation and audits
- Site to site VPN setup and maintenance
- Client VPN setups, auditing, and support.
- Wireless access points and wireless network management.
- Working with IT Security Analysts on IDS/IPS incidents and resolution
- Network performance and reliability monitoring.
- IP addressing scheme review, planning and change implementation.
- Reports to the Director of Infrastructure and Information Security via the Lead Network Engineer’s supervision.
- Lead and manage network initiatives with third party vendors.
Skills & Experience
- Hands on CCNP or equivalent experience required
- Meraki expertise, CMNO or equivalent experience required
- Microsoft Azure networking expertise highly desired
- Palo Alto PanOS and Panorama experience/certifications highly desired
- Must be proficient in evaluating existing firewall rule sets and applying equivalent security on Meraki and Palo Alto firewalls
- Zscaler Private Access (ZPA) and Zscaler Internet Access (ZIA) experience desirable
- Demonstrable experience with multiple vendor hardware platforms (switching, routers, firewalls, modems) required
- Ability to assess and review various networked voice systems a plus
- Ability to assess and review various alarm/security systems a plus
- SSCP or Security+ certification a plus
- Strong time and resource management skills
- Worked in multi-location company
- Mentor junior network engineers and serve as a level 2 escalation point as needed