We are a systems integrator and managed service provider (MSP). We design, implement, monitor, manage, and maintain the IT environments and overall technology of multiple clients. We are currently seeking to hire a mid-level (Level 2 / 2+) Network Engineer to join our team in our managed services division. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, detail-oriented, security-minded individual with an excellent work ethic, real-world experience and expertise, a team-oriented mentality, and an eagerness to learn and thrive in a team atmosphere in a rapidly growing, well-established company with plenty of opportunity for growth and career advancement. Your demonstrated abilities and hard work will be rewarded.
You ll be supporting our clients by supporting a variety of on-premise and cloud-based network technologies. In your role as Network Engineer, you will primarily be responsible for responding to device and client generated support requests, including service requests to troubleshooting and break/fix tickets. This is not an entry level position. You ll bring your real-world expertise and hit the ground running.
- Provide professional support for Level 2 technical requests to our client end users in a timely manner, both on- and off-site.
- 70% ticket-based service requests, 30% other activities (onboarding clients, infrastructure planning and implementation, network administration, etc.).
- Assist your like-minded team with your can-do, do-whatever-it-takes work ethic.
- Ensure we meet established client SLAs.
- Furnish detailed and accurate written documentation of work performed.
- Learn and grow your IT service skill set and stay on top of current technology.
- Provide feedback on the enhancement of our service delivery processes.
- Deploy, upgrade, maintain, support, and migrate VMware and HyperV environments.
- Deploy, upgrade, maintain, and support Windows environments, including AD, implementation of group policies, DFS, and Federated services.
- Deploy, upgrade, maintain, and support Cisco, HP/Aruba, Palo Alto and SonicWall firewall/routers/switches.
- Support standard Microsoft desktop operating systems and installed software.
- Support customer line of business software.
- Support hosted VoIP environments with deployment, administrative changes, and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Monitor backup systems and resolve issues as needed.
- Respond to network monitor alerts and resolve accordingly.
- Perform network administrative tasks using RMM tools.
- Support remote access systems such as Remote Desktop (RDP).
- Set up and troubleshoot mobile devices such as iPhones, Androids, iPads, tablets, etc.
Education and Experience:
- College degree / professional certification preferred, but not required. Your demonstrated real-world abilities are required.
- Cisco, SonicWALL, Palo Alto, Microsoft, VMware, and Linux certifications a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a network engineering and customer support role, managed service provider experience highly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent logical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to quickly define and solve problems by collecting data, establishing facts, drawing conclusions and making decisions, both interpedently and importantly, as a member of a team.
- Ability to drive a problem or issue to completion from start to finish in a timely manner, engaging others and following up accordingly, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work and perform well independently with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to meet scheduled and unscheduled deadlines.
- Solid understanding of operating system and platform network administration (Windows, Linux, VMware).
- Working knowledge / experience with TCP/IP and routing/switching technologies.
- Working knowledge / experience with UTM appliances, firewalls, routers, and VPNs including Cisco, SonicWall, and Palo Alto firewall products.
- Working knowledge / experience with Microsoft Server and desktop operating systems, MS Exchange, and SQL variants.
- Working knowledge / experience with Linux / Red Hat a plus.
- Working knowledge / experience with virtual environments, including Hyper-V and VMware, including vSAN and vCenter, configuration, maintenance, and migration.
- Working knowledge of VoIP and related technologies.
- Working knowledge of wireless technologies and familiarity with associated technologies.
- Familiarity with ConnectWise Manage or similar ticketing system.
- Experience with LabTech/Automate.
- Create and maintain robust network documentation (diagrams, etc.).
- Ability to lift objects up to 50lbs, perhaps more with assistance.
- Experience with PowerShell, Python, or similar scripting languages.
We will provide to you:
- A positive, supportive work environment with the right tools necessary to perform your job responsibilities.
- Very competitive pay and benefits, including 401(k), health, dental, and life insurance, short- and long-term disability.