ASRC Federal Space and Defense is seeking a Network Engineer in support of upcoming work in Alexandria, VA. DUTIES:
Configuring, managing, monitoring, and maintaining government Command and Control (C2) network devices and some application servers. The Network Engineer will manage the installation, configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting of hardware/software for network devices used on a government network for that purpose. The position will also include the management of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones, call managers, and gateways.
Additional duties include:
- Evaluate LAN/WAN performance and capacities to identify problem areas or bottlenecks
- Perform a variety of network management services related to the operation, performance, or availability of data communications networks
- Responsibility for overall performance and availability of networks
- Provide LAN/WAN support with skill in network analysis, integration, and tuning.
- Analyze client LANs/WANs, isolate source of problems recommend reconfiguration and implementation of new network hardware to increase performance
- Work with customers and operations staff in scheduling preventive and emergency maintenance to include resolution of customer tickets
- Candidate will be required to support on call duty for responding to network outages
- Candidate will be required to travel to local and CONUS/OCONUS sites
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar technical field) and 3+ years' relevant professional experience; or commensurate education and experience.
- 3 years of experience with networking technologies and concepts such as Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols.
- 2 years of experience with Cisco and Juniper devices, VLANs, VPNs, LAN/WAN technologies, and/or routing & switching.
- 2 years operational experience with local and wide area network infrastructures, including routers, firewalls, switches, servers, and related hardware.
- Must be able to obtain a Security+ or equivalent DOD 8570 IAT Level Certification within the first 6 months of employment.
- Must be able to obtain a Cisco CCNA (Route/Switch or Collaboration) within the first 6 months of employment.
- Cisco CCNA (Route/Switch or Collaboration) or CCNP certification is strongly desired
- Experience in several of the following areas: network troubleshooting, routers/switches, Cisco IOS/Junos OS, firewalls, NetScout/Wireshark or any other packet investigation/analysis tools, SolarWinds monitoring or database tools, Call Manager & unity or other OSCP, DNS, QoS, VPN.
- Ability to generate documentation that describes standard operating procedures, which will be used by helpdesk personnel.
- Previous experience supporting a Government and/or Department of Defense customer.
- Proficient in network monitoring/management systems familiarity
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with application of DoD IAVAs and STIGs
- Strong investigative drive and listening skills, self-motivated individuals
- The ability to work under pressure and be flexible with their time
- Ability to prioritize and document tasks is a plus
This position requires the candidate to already have a current TS/SCI security clearance and to maintain the clearance.
ASRC Federal Space and Defense brings a 14-year history of delivering high-performance space systems engineering, integration and satellite operations services to civil and defense agencies. ASRC Federal Space and Defense provides these services throughout all phases of the program life cycle and across the entire space systems architecture, including space and ground assets. ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law . Department:
Network & Telecomm Srvc