Please scroll all the way down and click "Apply On-Line" to apply for this posting.
• Reports To: Director, Network Engineering and Security
• Department: Information Technology
• Office Location: Charles Town, WV
• FLSA Status: Exempt
• Date Posted: May 1, 2017
• Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The Network Engineer installs, configures and maintains the organization's network and security infrastructure. This position works in a quality service approach within the work area to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, system integrity, performance, and security. The network engineer works in team environment supporting applications development and production systems operations, including backup to database administration, voice, systems administration, and help desk. Additionally, this position works with other team members to maintain network and server infrastructure, including routers, switches, network appliances (load balancers, firewalls, etc.), Windows servers, Linux servers, and security infrastructure.
• Provides support for production enterprise environments located in Charles Town, West Virginia, and co-location facility, support for our disaster recovery site, and other branch offices.
• Implements, manages, and troubleshoots network hardware including routers, switches, firewalls, and WAN Acceleration devices.
• Implements, manages, and troubleshoots security solutions including IDS/IPS, centralized logging, NAC solution, and content filtering software.
• Uses network security software and monitoring equipment to find breaches, vulnerabilities, and suspicious activity and intrusion attempts.
• Participates in activities relating to contingency planning, business continuity and IT disaster recovery planning.
• Assists and coordinates the design, configuration, testing, and implementation of IT security solutions.
• Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves IT security related issues.
• Implements, manages and supports VoIP architecture.
• Monitors and manages security infrastructure including regular reporting, event logging and management.
• Manages and troubleshoots DNS.
• Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
• Manages updates, patching, and upgrades to ensure system availability.
• Monitors and measures performance and costs through regular reporting and summaries of the systems including availability, usage and capacity.
• Recommends, schedules and performs network improvements, upgrades and repairs.
• Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, responds to, and resolves problems affecting server performance, efficiency, and availability.
• Implements new hardware and software projects, providing documentation and procedures based on functionality of the environment.
• Assists in developing enterprise network and server solutions as per requirements including the creation of functional requirement documents, project plans, and detailed implementation plans.
• Ensures 24x7x365 availability for identified internal mission critical network services.
• Develops and documents instructions and guidelines to perform the functions assigned.
• Performs backup/recovery and archiving.
• Provides backup support to other network engineers, systems engineers, voice and PC technicians.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
.Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Normal office and data center environment in Charles Town, WV.
• Ability to lift boxes up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.).
• Flexible and agile enough to access tight spaces in telephone closets and around furniture.
• Travel to data centers and branch offices at multiple locations in West Virginia and Virginia required.
• Core coverage hours of support are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, but will be part of the rotating 24x7x365 on call schedule.
• Thorough knowledge of the OSI model.
• Excellent understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, load balancing concepts.
• In-depth knowledge of Cisco wireless technologies, experience in VTP and Spanning tree, and other switching technologies
• Hands on experience on Cisco switches and Cisco routers.
• Working knowledge of Cisco Firewall devices.
• Working knowledge and experience on BGP & OSPF.
• Working knowledge and experience on F5 Load balancers.
• Ability to work delivery on multiple concurrent projects and tasks with conflicting priorities.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to comply with ITIL based incident, change and problem management processes.
• Strong knowledge of DNS.
• Demonstrated experience with security operations.
• Strong knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy and scripting.
• Familiarity with Linux/UNIX.
• Excellent problem solving abilities.
• Ability to learn new skills as needed.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to be methodical, organized, and detail oriented.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be flexible enough to meet the demands of a fluid and changing environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience required.
• Five or more years of experience as a LAN/WAN network engineer required.
• Solid understanding of network design and architecture in a global, multi-data center environment required.
• Advanced network administration and troubleshooting skills required.
• Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE) or equivalent work experience required.
• Experience in Microsoft and Cisco environments, including some exposure to virtualization technologies required.
• Experience with Cisco security preferred.
• Experience with hardware load balancing (F5 a plus) preferred.
• Familiarity with Dell hardware and EMC storage preferred.
• Experience with WAN Acceleration technologies (Riverbed a plus) preferred.
• Experience with Web filtering solutions preferred.
111 W. Congress St. Charles Town, WV, 25414