Job#: 1279454 Job Description:
Apex Systems is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer for one of our largest retail clients. If you are interested, please email a copy of your resume to Taylor Watson at
to be considered.Job Title: Sr. Network EngineerLocation: Hybrid in Louisville, KY)Duration: 6 months contract-to-permRate: $60-$70/hr (depending on level of experience)Job Description:
The Senior Engineer, Network plays an integral role in defining and assessing the organization's security strategy, architecture, and practices in all aspects of our enterprise network. You will be required to effectively translate business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You'll participate with incident response, risk reviews, and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, which will lead to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. Deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to enrich our strategic security roadmap.Scope of Work:
- Design network policies and controls and dynamic routing, Design VLANs and Isolated L3 networks compliant with required Zero Trust Principals Validate security configurations and access to security infrastructure tools, including firewalls, proxies, IPSs, and WAFs.
- Review network segmentation to ensure least privilege for network access Develop and maintain security architecture artifacts (e.g., models, templates, standards, and procedures) that can be used to leverage security capabilities in projects and operations.
- Track developments and changes in the digital business and threat environments to ensure that they're adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artifacts
- Participate in infrastructure projects to provide security-planning advice
- Conduct or facilitate threat modeling of services and applications that tie to the risk and data associated with the service or application.
- Ensure a complete, accurate and valid inventory infrastructure that should be logged by the security information and event management (SIEM) or log management tool.
- Draft project plans for security service and technology deployments and coordinate with stakeholders across the organization.
- Technical Skills - Network - LAN, WAN, Wireless.VPN, Firewall, Cloud N/W
- Certifications are a strong plus, such as CCNP, CISSP, CCIE.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at