Healthcare Client Role:
Network Engineer Duration:
6 month+ contract, potential to convert Location:
Saint Johnsbury, VT (onsite, some flexibility)
*if you are interested, please email your resume to Jeremy at * Job Summary: Network Engineer II
installs, maintains and evaluates network and communication systems. Troubleshoots network issues with a diverse scope. Network Engineer II assists network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Must have extensive knowledge of WAN/LAN networking, TCP/IP, DNS, computers, routers, switches, firewalls, etc. Responsibilities:
- Evaluates, installs, and maintains physical and virtual network infrastructure required to support IS mission of providing vendor, and user needs and are available on time and on budget.
- Evaluates and implements secure local and wide area network to support IS mission of providing information where and when needed through the enterprise. Ensures network projects are designed to meet or exceed organization and user needs and are completed on time and on budget.
- Provides enterprise wide support for local and wide area network to ensure reliable system performance and availability as defined by users. Documents and tracks all reported problems. Recommends and provides follow-up to resolve or repair the issue.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, and professional associations.
- Complies with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, various hospital "codes", fire safety, infection control, emergency procedures, time and attendance and other hospital policies.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize his/her time effectively and efficiently. Manages a typical work assignment. Is productive. Assists others when able.Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in PC network software and hardware installation and support.
- Significant experience implementing and supporting a 24 hour / 7 day, mission critical, secure network preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional certification desirable.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- *Cisco Networking Experience Required
- *CCNA preferred
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at