***This is a Fulltime Direct Hire Role with a HealthCare Client!!
***Please Note: This is Fulltime direct hire position with a HealthCare Client and the client will only consider candidates who are able to work with the client on their w2 without any sponsorship now or in the future***If you are on any kind of visa please do not apply to this role, unfortunately, candidates on a VISA will not be considered for this role***
***G-C and U-S-C only***
***Candidate must be Local to the DMV area***
***Candidate must work onsite at the client location 4 days a week***
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Network Engineering IV will serve as the primary architect and subject matter expert of a broad range of enterprise network infrastructure and software. They work closely with a team of technology subject matter experts to strategically plan upcoming technology standards, design network architectures and platform integration, develop work breakdown structures, and provide consultation to the project management office in support of enterprise class network deployment and integration. The Network Engineer IV will review and architect technology standards around the client core network technology portfolio. They will be responsible for providing level IV, final resolution, support. Will work with the team to escalate network infrastructure and software issues to appropriate vendors to ensure systems are secure, reliable, and efficient. The technology portfolio supported by the team includes Cisco hardware and software including but not limited to Catalyst Switches, ASR routers, ASA firewalls, Wireless LAN Controllers, VPN Concentrators, AnyConnect, Cisco ISE, OpenDNS.
Strategy – 20%
- Schedule, lead and participate in reviewing vendor solutions to address workflow requirements of the business and clinical departments
- Provide expertise to identify and translate business workflow into network configuration requirements
Planning and Design – 50%
- Follow PMBOK best practices in the planning and design of network hardware and software implementations
- Follow ITIL best practices in the planning and design of new network services for the organization
- Assist with requirements data gathering and analysis as needed
- Assist with the development of technical reference architectures that illustrate the entire topology of a system or service including communication requirements and system dependencies
- Assess and communicate risks associated with network related investments and purchases
- Review network changes for the environment and provide input on the technical impact of the changes
- Participate in efforts to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Implementation and Transition – 15%
- Follow PMBOK best practices in the implementation and transition of network hardware and software implementations
- Participate in the creation of detailed work breakdown structures for the implementation of network upgrades and implementations
- Support PMBOK best practices in tasks execution and system implementation
- Follow change and release management processes
Operational Support – 15%
- Perform service operational tasks including but not limited to fulfilling support requests, resolving incidents, providing access, evaluating events, and managing problems.
- Perform necessary routine recurring tasks associated with the daily maintenance and support of the network portfolio.
- Maintain an accurate understanding of operational time commitments and provide availability to support project based implementations.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of network infrastructure lifecycle, technical architecture, data, configuration and, operational support requirements
- Provide network portfolio support in the timely resolution of technology incidents while adhering to SLA prioritization and success measures – including 24x7 on call support
- Key contact to other IT resource teams for technical issues related to network services
- Investigate network portfolio interoperability issues and develop risk mitigation plans for existing and new network solutions
- Help identify and quantify the impact of technology decisions
- Assisting in defining and implementing IT policies, procedures and best practices
- Work with end users and other support staff to configure, troubleshoot and maintain all layers of networks
- Maintains detailed charts, diagrams and flow charts outlining network systems, hardware, interfaces and configurations.
- Documents operational and support procedures to ensure the overall integrity of networks.
- Complete necessary internal reporting and reports status to various levels of management and client representatives
- Ability to take a flexible work schedule and be on call after hours (as part of Information Technology Team rotation schedule)
Formal Education & Certification
- Network + or similar certification required
- A+ or similar certification required
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or information technology is preferred
- ITILv3 Foundations is preferred
- At least one of the following: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or similar networking certification
- At least one advanced level networking certification such as Cisco CCIE) Enterprise Infrastructure or CCIE Enterprise Wireless
Knowledge & Experience
- 10+ years of experience implementing and supporting Cisco networks in an enterprise environment
- Expert understanding of Cisco products and solutions including Cisco AnyConnect, Cisco ISE, OpenDNS
- In depth understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
- In depth knowledge of information systems, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems management
- In depth understand of IT project management principles and PMBOK best practices
- 3+ years of experience working in the healthcare industry or mission critical industry is preferred
- Mission driven individual with strong values that align with the clients mission
- Ability to work in a fast-paced critical patient care driven organization
- Customer Service orientated individual
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to critically think and present arguments in an articulate manner
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Desiree to learn and adapt to new technologies