Our reputable client, a leader in the payments industry, has an opening for a Network Engineer to join their team. This is a 12 months contract with potential extensions in Ashburn, VA or Denver, CO.
Must have skills: 3-5 years of Routers and Switches experience. Manager wants to see candidates from enterprise data centers and not mom and pop shops. Must have Cisco/Arista routers and switches with Cisco Nexus experience. Any ASR model experience is a must, but prefers ASR 1000 and ASR 9000. Communication and Documentations skills are critical. IP routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP
Nice to have skills: CCIE, CCNA, and CCNP certification is preferred.
Roles and responsibilities: True engineering role and need to be independent no hand holding. Help design and implement large enterprise networks.
* Implement, and provide ongoing support of network systems of high complexity using Cisco and Arista network technology.
* Serve as a technical resource for hardware installation, configuration, and operational support of these networks’ routers, switches, load balancers, WAN optimizers
* Provide 3rd level technical support to clients and to technical teams within to resolve network issues and to support the implementation of new network solutions
* Ensure full compliance of Key Controls and Technical Service Requirements for all network architecture, designs, and implementations both past and present
* Ensure all changes go through appropriate review, change control, and acceptance before implementation
* Provide highest level of technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe
* Work with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet Security Requirements and provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts
* At least 3 years related experience in infrastructure/network environments including planning, documenting and implementing LANs and WANs using latest technology
* At least 3 years of experience in a Network Engineering role
* CCIE certification or equivalent, and/or a Bachelor's degree preferably in Engineering is preferred
* Expertise on IP Technologies and extensive knowledge of LAN technologies such as Spanning-Tree.
* Engineering knowledge of network hardware, specifically Cisco routers and switches and Arista Switches with a strong focus on data center technology such as Cisco Nexus.
* Extensive experience and expertise on IP routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP
* Knowledge of Cisco encryption technologies (IPSec, SSL), and hot standby protocols HSRP and VRRP
* Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
* Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
* CCIE, CCNA, or CCNP Routing and Switching certification preferred
* ITIL certification preferred