Job Number: R0089664
Network EngineerThe Challenge:
A well-designed network is critical to move data and enable Army and DoD to achieve its mission, but how can an organization make sure its network will fit their current and evolving needs? Crafting the right network, with the right equipment and software, requires a combination of technical skill and careful planning. That's why we need you, a network engineer who knows how to craft the exact network Army needs.
As a Network Engineer on our team, you'll help Army design, build, a reliable network to support critical missions. You'll work with SMEs, customers, users, to learn the strategic goals and operational needs that shape the network requirements. You'll then plan the acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance of the network components. From resolving interoperability issues across platforms to supporting hardware acquisition, you'll put your hardware and software talents to good use. This is your chance to grow your skills in radio communications while continuing to grow your network engineering experience. Join us as we help Army Network Modernization Initiatives
Empower change with us. You Have:
Nice If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience in Network Engineering
- Experience with Cisco VOIP
- Experience in designing and implementing LANs or VLANs
- Experience with routing Protocols and MULTICAST
- Experience with network protocol analysis using Sniffer or Wireshark
- Experience with VMware
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree or 5+ years of experience with tactical communications
- CCNA Certification
- Ability to obtain a Security+ Certification within 6 months of hire
- Experience with commercial communications equipment
- Knowledge of radio bridging and cross banding
- Knowledge of RF engineering, Tactical Communication Systems, or Program Management preferred
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- CCNP Certification preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required. Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.