|Posting Title||Network Engineer|
|Full Time / Part-Time||Full Time|
|Description||NETWORK ENGINEER |
Bowhead is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC. The Network Engineer will support everyday networking issues including planning, designing, evaluating and selecting operating systems and protocol suites. The Network Engineer will also configure communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices. This individual may provide work leadership to lower level employees and assist in resolving difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and more. The Network Engineer will also configure systems to user environments and assist in acquisition of hardware and software.
• Managing and configuring Juniper and Cisco Firewalls-including troubleshooting of routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
• Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
• Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization. L2 and L3 switching experience is required.
• Experience with WAN and Spectrum, Solarwinds and Remedy Ticketing System.
• Experience in trouble shooting wireless networks, particularly Aruba based, and working in a DoD environment are highly preferred.
• Experience with Enterprise implementations, migrations and projects is required as well.
|Requirements||• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physical Science is required. |
• Requires fifteen (15) years’ of experience in C5ISR to include; Systems Design, Systems/Equipment Integration, and Network Testing.
• Requires seven (7) years’ experience developing network designs for DoD or DoN Networks.
• Experience on DoD or DoN Data Center efforts within the last five (5) years.
• NOTE: Experience can be concurrent.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY: