We have an immediate Job Opportunity for Network Engineer role in Phoenix , AZ with our major (Shipping and Logistics) End Customer . Please review the below job description and share your updated resume.
Position: Network Engineer
Location: Phoenix , AZ
Duration : Contract
The Senior Network Engineer (SNE) is a senior level engineering position within IT Services and a member of the IT Enterprise Network Infrastructure team. The SNE is expected to provide technical leadership in supporting Matson s Network infrastructure in support of business operations, as well as all network infrastructure and enterprise-wide services. The SNE will interact with company personnel at all levels. He or she is expected to develop and maintain relationships with managers and other staff members within IT Services, as well as vendors and service providers. The SNE is expected to provide technical expertise in the identification, evaluation, selection, and design of enterprise level technical solutions supporting Matson initiatives. He or she is expected to adhere to industry standards and best practices, and assist in developing Matson s corporate standards for enterprise wide network hardware and operations. The SNE is expected to be able to assign tasks and monitor the work of less senior engineers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs enterprise-wide infrastructure specifications, configurations and solutions. Possesses a deep understanding of Matson s enterprise architecture, network hardware, network design, tools, and vendors.
- Develops and ensures adherence to corporate standards affecting enterprise hardware, software, networks, and security.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Matson s business and continually expands on this knowledge.
- Identifies and implements, with management approval, opportunities for cost savings and improvements in operating effectiveness.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of technology and is able to present and advise the business implications of a particular solution or a change in technological direction. Is able to routinely apply business insights to guide and influence the design of technically robust solutions.
- Establishes relationships with Project Managers and analysts. Presents alternative technical scenarios for consideration to resolve business and/or development issues.
- Develops efficient methods and processes to ensure a high level of system availability, and provides regular reports to management regarding effectiveness for the scope of operations.
- Performs on-call responsibilities for production support of Matson enterprise network infrastructure as needed. This may be required on off-hours or on weekends.
- The individual has direct experience in an IT network infrastructure and operations environment with responsibility for network technical projects.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of various hardware, operating and system software, security products, and voice and data communications.
- Maintains a strong awareness of industry trends/issues and emerging technologies, is able to visualize their relevance to Matson s business needs, and is able to communicate and advise management accordingly.
- Can make recommendations on WAN & LAN design; WAN traffic acceleration & prioritization; Wireless coverage in closed spaces (offices & warehouses) as well as open spaces (Port terminals); is highly skilled in network monitoring & troubleshooting.
- TCP/IP and all layers of the OSI model
- Network monitoring tools:
- Network hardware products, including: Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, WAPs and WLCs; Aruba APs and Controllers; Palo Alto firewalls
- Network technologies and protocols including: TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, QoS, HSRP, GLBP, VTP, STP, SMTP, SNMP, VPN/DMVPN, and 802.11
- Knowledge of VoIP telephone systems and technologies including those from Avaya and Cisco, desirable but not required
- Bachelor s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent technical certification is desirable.
- CCNA required
- CCNP and/or CCIE desirable
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in network technologies in use on the Matson Enterprise network.
- Hands-on experience in six (6) to eight (8) Matson technologies.
- Travel up to 25%
Thanks & Regards
Senior Global Talent Acquistion
Encore IT Services Solutions Pvt. Ltd.,
Unit of Encore Software Services, USA,
Phone : 408 – 715 - 4156 / Main Number : * 113