We have a client who is hiring for a Red Hat Linux System Engineer, to support their complex high-availability environment. This is an exciting opportunity for system engineers who love supporting and interacting with customers. The primary responsibility of this position is supporting various complex systems environments; monitoring, updating, troubleshooting and triaging break/fix incidents. You will be working on the latest technology and working with complex installations and instances across the country, administrating operating systems, virtualization platforms, tape backup, and disk storage.
Candidates should have a background administering and supporting enterprise production and highly virtualized systems, with primarily RHEL and VMWare products. Experience with production Linux systems is also required and highly desired.
- Red Hat Linux certification required
- Minimum 3- 5 years industry experience in a production support role for a large enterprise or service provider environment performing fault analysis using common troubleshooting tools.
Strong experience and knowledge with various Unix based server operating systems, including the following:
- LPAR Configuration
- Network configuration
- IP addressing
- SAN Connectivity
- Basic shell scripting
- Opsware service management platform
- Strong Working knowledge of storage and backup technologies
- SNMP and monitoring tools experience (e.g. Zenoss, CA SystemEdge, Netsnmp).
- Working knowledge of ESX/VMWare (VSphere vCenter & Site Recovery Manager).
- Ability to facilitate discussions to resolve technical issues with multiple teams.
- Strong customer service and communications skills (written and oral) are required.
- Solid operational support experience and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of networking standards and device connection troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Symantec End-Point Protection and ability to troubleshoot and remove a virus.
- Ability to effectively use diagnostic tools.
- Ability to learn and respond to demands in a fast-paced, highly technical environment and to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Good organizational, time management and service delivery skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- S. Degree, Computer Science or similar engineering degree or equivalent work-related experience.
- MCSE or RHCSE certification.
- Completion or progress towards higher level VMware certifications such as VCP, VCAP, Data Design and Data Center Admin.
Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, alternating Weds, 7 am to 7 pm