Genesis10 is seeking a Network Engineer for a direct hire position with a bank located in Scarsdale, NY. Summary:
- Provides first level escalation support for network, telecom and firewall/security issues.
- Performs planned and scheduled Cisco IOS/firewall upgrades and configuration changes.
- Verifies and remediates system generated network alerts and reports.
- Works closely with Management to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of network resources and customer information.
- Provide first and second level escalation support for network, telecom and security issues
- Performs initial analysis of network issues, resolving/escalating as needed.
- Performs planned/scheduled Cisco IOS upgrades and configuration changes
- Performs firewall changes and firewall installs and upgrades
- Remediates IDS/IPS and Network Monitoring system events
- Lead major network projects including detailed network design and implementation
- Verifies daily/weekly/monthly reports; Remediates as necessary
- Conducts peer review and basic testing for changes performed
- Writes technical and procedural documentation
- Places and escalates tickets with vendors (Telecommunication, TWC, Cablevision, etc)
- Acts as "Technical Contact for routine vendor calls at remote/branch locations
- Performs quarterly department self-audit (ASAP)
- Automates administrative tasks and network monitoring using scripting technologies
- Scheduled weekend and after-hour availability for "on call " support and projects
- Enhances job knowledge and skills by researching new technologies and products
- Occasional travel to other company locations will be required
- Perform other duties as assigned
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today! About Genesis10:
- Required BA/BS degree
- 8+ years' experience in the field
- 5+ years of Cisco network engineering experience with a large organization
- 5+ years of firewall admin and implementation experience
- Palo Alto firewall experience is a plus
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V"