The position of a Network Data L3 is responsible for the ongoing network operations management to provide 24x7 support.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience of networking technologies, such as routing, switching, wireless networking; managing heterogeneous environment & generate metrics related to Network performance, capacity, availability, failure rates, and will also have a strong background in network performance management, service delivery and strategic operations planning with a strong technical orientation & creative in problem solving.
Key responsibilities include:
- This is a hands-on technical role:
- Provide tier-3 (expert level) operational support to resolve critical business issues that require deep network troubleshooting techniques and performance analysis
- Independently own the Network Infrastructure support solving complex issues and suggest design modifications as appropriate.
- Ensure SLAs are met - Responsible for performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting and capacity planning for the Network platforms.
- Perform monitoring and maintenance of overall environment working with experienced team members.
- Perform change controls. Update process documentation and team portals
- Participate in troubleshooting, capacity planning and analysis, performance analysis & Root Cause Analysis.
- Communicate with peers and managers regarding system issues & participate in 24x7 on-call.
- Automate operational tasks to make processes simpler and more robust.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks in a dynamic environment, with tight deadlines concurrently.
- Manage network service providers and matrixed resources
- Refresh heat-maps and operations plans for campus networks, and all WAN, LAN, and WLAN connectivity
- Monitor and analyze statistical data to develop improvement plans for network and application performance
- Provide an effective network capacity plan
- Develop and monitor global weekly and monthly trending reports by business sectors to justify future growth
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees the management of service level agreements (SLAs) with vendors and service providers
- Oversees and directs all aspects of the 24/7/365 mission critical network/telecommunication infrastructure operations; including planning, supporting, and maintaining functions
- Serves as the senior-level escalation point for network operations to resolve critical incidents
- Maintains policy and procedures manual, conducts monthly service review meetings with key stakeholders
- Provides leadership, management, direction, and technical oversight for the network operations department
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree, or related qualification
- Certifications is a must (CCNP, CCDP, CCIE SP or Routing/ Switching)
- Minimum 12+ years of working in a Network / Telecommunications role, with expert level experience with MPLS, SIP, IP, Wi-Fi, SD-WAN, VPN, Firewalls, etc technologies
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural, virtual team, across multiple geographical regions
- Experience with technologies such as: Cisco/Arista / Juniper HSRP/VRRP, VRF, VPC, VC, LACP, Fabric Path.
- Extensive support of Routing Protocols/Technologies such BGP, OSPF, Logical Overlay, IOS-XR, MPLS VPN, Multicast.
- Experience with DDI / IP Address management on solutions such as Infoblox
- Strong understanding of application communication methodologies.
- Ability to perform TCP/IP Network traces/packet captures with solid experience interpreting results.
- High level of confidence and competence communicating on bridges.
- Solid background in vendor man