EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiariesEchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of whats possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer. This position will be located in our Germantown, MD headquarters!
- Provide technical support to manage large service provider network. Install, configure, maintain network services, equipment and devices.
- Plans and supports network infrastructure.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Provide clear technical documentation and written procedures to ensure other members of the support organization can assist in monitoring, troubleshooting and changing complex customer environments.
- Runs network applications testing, and may also include running performance tests.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of platform and OS based problems, network infrastructure and connectivity issues.
- Provide escalation support for other support organizations.
- Willing to be part of the on-call rotation and able to work off hours when request.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of relevant experience in network technologies, including, but not limited to IPv4, IPv6, BGP, OSPF, STP, NAT, QoS, VoIP, SNMP, ACLs, MPLS, VPLS, IPSec, Cisco ACI, etc.
- Professional level of hand-on experiencing with Cisco switches and routers, Juniper switches and routers, Fortinet Firewall and F5 products.
- Experience with scripting/automation of network tasks.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of networking essentials
- Experience with open source networking products.
- Experience in network protocol analyzers/sniffers, Wireshark, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies is required.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills (written and oral) are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills is a required.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies.
- Must have the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Hands on experience with networking and security devices is required Certifications like CCNP or JNCIP is desired.
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI/APIC is a plus.
- Knowledge of F5 products is a plus.
- Knowledge of VMware products is a plus
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.