energy to Alliant Energy!
At Alliant Energy, our Purpose is to serve customers and build stronger communities. Our employees make a difference every day by using their personal energy to bring this Purpose to life. Other critical workers can't do their work unless we do ours.What sets us apart?
- Alliant Energy offers a full compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Employer Cash Contribution, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
- Year after year, Alliant Energy is recognized by major publications and foundations as a top employer and leader in the areas of equity and sustainability. This includes Newsweek's list of Most Responsible Companies, Forbes list of Best Midsize Employers, a perfect Corporate Equality Index Score as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality and being named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index.
- Our employees make a difference through their work and personal activities. In 2021, employees, retirees and our charitable foundation collectively contributed $11.5 million and volunteered over 75,000 hours.
Alliant Energy has an outstanding opportunityfor aNetwork Engineer I
to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA.
We are searching for a passionate, collaborative Network Engineer to provide troubleshooting and problem resolution in our customer focused environment. You will be responsible for maintaining the network WAN, LAN, and wireless infrastructure. You will also support the implementation and replacement of our data, voice, and security infrastructure. You will be part of our Network team operating under an agile methodology.
This position offers a blend of working from home, and in theCedar Rapids, IA
office on average 1-2 days per week. The successful candidate must reside in either Iowa.Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position. Job Responsibilities
Job Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Resolves low complexity technical issues raised through the Information Technology Help Desk and other methods for data, telecommunications, voice and/or collaboration technologies during and outside of core business hours.
- Interacts and cooperates with other internal and external support groups to facilitate resolution of technical issues to maximize system availability and meet Service Level Agreements.
- Installs, monitors and repairs network, telecommunications, voice and/or collaboration infrastructure to establish stable and reliable network, telecommunications, voice and/or collaboration services that support enterprise LAN/WAN environments (e.g. access, distribution and Core Network Services). Provides troubleshooting, repair and end user support every day.
- Provides continual technical expertise in the evaluation, planning, analysis, development and implementation of data, telecommunications, voice and/or collaboration technologies including, but not limited to, providing roadmaps, processes and procedures for both project work and general organizational growth in conjunction with other analysts, engineers and management.
- Voices customer requirements into tasks and stories using Agile tools. Communicates with peers such that user tasks and stories are clearly understood by all partners.
- Participate in on-call rotations, including outside business hours; must be prepared to travel as required.
- Hardware installation experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience communicating with end users in problem / urgent situations.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proven understanding and familiarity with network, telecommunications, voice and/or collaboration technologies (e.g., Cisco Networking Equipment, F5 Load Balancer, unified messaging, VoIP, etc.).
- Ability to work individually and as a team member.
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
It's not just what we do; it's how we do it.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with an emphasis in networks, telecommunications, voice and/or collaboration technologies; Bachelor's degree for a Network Engineer II
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience with Cisco ISE/ACI, Perl /Python, Technical, Basic Linux/UNIX skills and NERC CIP understanding.
Live Safety. Everyone. Always | Make Things Better | Care For Others | Do The Right Thing | Act For Tomorrow | Think Beyond. Be Bold
Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool of candidates is received.
Alliant Energy is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this dedication, Alliant Energy works to ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to preform key job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Service Center at
All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.