Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team is responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Under limited supervision, the NE III assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high) complexity. As a member of the team, you will develop and implement network enhancements while following corporate standards. You will be sought after for recommendations for improvement and assists in staff development efforts.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations
- Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Contributes in designing corporate standards and develops network enhancements
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Leading project teams that maintain and improve network operations.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of network engineering experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Cisco and/or Juniper.
- At least three (3) years of Data network experience
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Efficient knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Intermediate knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Experience with network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Office Environment
- May work in Network Lab environment
ENE311-CBO 293302 293302BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits
package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $76,800.00
. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.