Guide. Problem solver. Innovator. Sound like you? If you're an experienced and seasoned IT professional, you should consider joining UWM as a Network Engineer. This position requires a highly technical person that has a deep understanding of routing protocols, good operational experience and the ability to isolate, analyze and resolve network issues. And you'll put all that knowledge to work with internal and external clients to gather requirements, provide guidance and support and to be involved in network design.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU Required:
- Ensuring the stable operation of the corporate enterprise network including planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware, software and communication links
- Conducting research and making recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
- Providing capacity, performance, uptime and security reporting using NetFlow and other standard tools
- Providing guidance and supporting to more junior team members
- 5-7 years of experience in Network Engineering
- 2+ years of experience supporting data center environments (Cisco ACI, Cisco Nexus switches, ASR Routers)
- Hands-on experience installing and configuring network hardware including switches, routers, firewalls, VPN appliances and telecommunication devices
- Experience managing and designing network infrastructures and configuring enterprise LAN, WAN and VPN technologies
- Experience managing a vendor relationship in an implementation and support capacity
- Knowledge of Cisco proprietary and open industry standard network protocols and experience implementing them in an enterprise network.
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment with ability to multitask and adapt, positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Onsite, full-time attendance
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or computer science, or equivalent
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- CCNP, CCDP or CCIE or equivalent experience
- Experience configuring and supporting QOS in a production environment
- Experience with Wireless LAN Controllers, Cisco DNAC, Ekahau, Solarwinds Orion and NetFlow analysis
- Cisco ACI (SDN)
- Solarwinds Orion
- NetFlow analysis
- Disaster Recovery and/or Business Continuity Experience
- Exposure to Active Directory; DNS; DHCP; Linux; Windows 7/2003/2008; WINS; VMware ESX/ESXi
- Mortgage and/or Financial Services industry experience
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor caf with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!