The Network Engineer will play a technical leadership role in the support of a datacenter network as well as a global corporate network with locations around the world. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and articulate, recognized as an expert with Cisco equipment (router, switches, firewalls and VPN), related network technologies, and have a proven history of using management and monitoring tools. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- 5+ years of experience using Cisco L3/L2 switches & routers from 1700 to 6500 series, in a multi-site environment
- 5+ years of experience managing firewall and VPN equipment (Cisco ASA experience highly regarded)
- 10+ years of experience troubleshooting TCP/IP and Ethernet networks
- 3+ years of BGP & OSPF routing (preferably in a multi-gigabit environment)
- Strong knowledge of Windows, UNIX/Linux, Oracle, MS-SQL
- Expert skills with using and diagnosing network captures
- Expert understanding and practical experience with network security best-practices
- Experience with proxy systems and load balancers
- Experience with IDS/IPS systems and technologies.
- Must have experience with defining or testing disaster recovery strategies
- F5 Load Balancer experience
Not Required, but Preferred:
- Understanding of or experience supporting .NET application
- Understanding of or experience with virtual environments
Bachelors in an engineering discipline, or Cisco technical certification, or equivalent work experience.