Network Services Technical Support Engineer II
Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or network and/or wireless systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customers/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
Additional Position Information
The ideal candidate is Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIP/CCSP and/or Juniper JNCIS-M/JNCIS-FWV certified. Additionally, the candidate would have 5+ yearsexperience in an operations environment, IP Engineering, Security or IP Design. Also desired is proficiency in Cisco and Juniper hardware and software and routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF and Multicast. The Technical Support Engineer/Subject Matter Expert will be responsible for:
• Provide support for customers in resolving complex technical problems within the IP operations group and the execution of all assigned projects within Scope, Time and Budget.
• Provide technical support for break-fix activities, proactive network health work, maintenance activities, support of systems and tools, DRIVE projects, and UNIX scripting.
• Responds to situations where first and second line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in
• Mal-functioning equipment or software.
• Provide technical support to personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. The network systems include the following Infoblox DNS, juniper firewalls. Cisco series routers, firewalls and catalyst switches: 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3700, 6500, 7500, 7600, 10000, ASA, PIX 500. Juniper series router/ switch and firewalls: M10, M320, MX960, 208, 5200, 5400, SRX. The candidate will be responsible for having working knowledge most, if not all of the following protocols: IS-IS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, SONET, PPP, HDLC, and Ethernet.
• Solve problems by collaborating with the vendor. The candidate will work with the vendors such as Cisco and Juniper to investigate and root-cause network events and funnel that information back to the appropriate groups. The candidate will be able to determine most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime. Prepares report for analysis of service failure trends and service ability issues.
• Bachelor's degree and two years related work experience or six years related work experience post high school
• Two years working with diagnostics to correct complex network and/or wireless system problems
• Two yearsexperience with project management and project implementation
• Two plus yearsexperience in Router, Switch, and Firewall/DNS environment
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, IP Routing, and Firewall/Security/DNS.
• Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
• Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
• Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
• Documentation and training skills.
• Ability to support after hours and weekends (24x7x365).
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to work as a productive team member as well as on solo projects.
• Excellent documentation and general organization of ongoing tasks, including the ability to evaluate and question business rules.