Requisition Number: 85221
By joining Insight Enterprises as a Network Engineer, you will enter a tech-savvy and highly collaborative world. We provide the hardware, software and support-services for our customers' most critical IT projects. As such, we're helping a customer of ours in Thomasville, NC with a handful of modernization projects and there is a contract-to-hire opportunity for a network engineer to join the effort.
Please note, this will be a hybrid remote vs. on-site position. You will need to be able to be on-site in Thomasville, NC for 2-3 days per week. Compensation is targeting $60-$75/hr plus health insurance and 401k access on our W2 for the contract portion; the salary for the converstion will be $100-$110k/yr plus full bene's.What you will be doing:
What you need to join:
- Work within their existing IT team to help them manage and support their current Network environment, in addition to collaborating on the future state of the environment.
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, maintaining and supporting complex communication networks within the organization.
- Design, architect, and manage network infrastructure that best supports business initiatives
- Monitor network performance and recommend network changes and upgrades based on utilization
- Perform maintenance and upgrades to the network
- Collaborate with Technical Architects in network and other systems design
- Assists administrators in the implementation of networking infrastructure
- Handle escalated advanced network related troubleshooting issues
- Provide support and assistance to OD users for networking needs
- Provide appropriate user support as assigned
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends related to architectural solutions
- 5+ years of recent network engineering expertise supporting 100+ site WAN and LAN environment
- 5+ years of experience with core, distribution, and access switching and routing technologies and datacenter technologies (e.g MPLS, vPC, Etherchannel, BGP, OSPF, policy based routing)
- Strong knowledge of networking technologies and WAN communications including TCP/IP (routing and subnetting), QoS, MPLS, IPSec, etc...
- Expertise in networking concepts
- Understanding of cross-functional/cross-domain requirements and impact
- Experience implementing and supporting SD-WAN environments
- Strong knowledge of Load Balancing and Global Server Load Balancing
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience supporting voice and video across the WAN
- Experience using Visio or other tools for documentation
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Relevant certifications are a plus.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here .
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 19 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $8.3 billion in revenue in 2020
- Ranked #409 on the Fortune 500, #15 on the CRN Solution Provider 500, 2020 CRN Innovator of the Year Award
- 2020 Intel Innovation Partner of Year, 2020 Microsoft U.S. Partner of the Year and Worldwide Customer Experience Partner of the Year
- Ranked #7 on the 2021 Fortune World's Most Admired Companies (Information Technology Services industry), #70 on the Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, #296 on Forbes World's Best Employers (#27 within IT), and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2020 list of Best Places to Work
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Thomasville || North Carolina (US-NC) || United States (US) || None || None || Remote ||Job Segment:
Network, Network Engineer, Engineer, Developer, Supply, Technology, Engineering, Operations