Description of Work:
Please Note:-The client is only looking for candidates local to the Maryland area
- G network requirements of remote customer offices, campus buildings, and Data Centers. Define equipment, cables, adapters and configurations needed to upgrade buildings and sites to established standard.
- Analyze current network configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Configure routing protocols, complex switch networks, and Fabric Path configurations.
- Prepare network equipment for deployment by loading appropriate software and configuration setting according to pre-engineered design templates.
- Assemble required equipment, cables, adapters, etc. and arrange delivery to site for installation.
- Upgrade configuration of existing network equipment to support new features and functions.
- Work with field installation contractors while they are on-site and provide all technical details to complete installations.
- Continually review the customer's network and practices looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential network products or technical solutions.
- Test LAN/WAN and WLAN equipment software (i.e.: IOS, NXOS).
- Contribute to the development of network documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications and operating procedues.
- Monitor for opportunities to enhance the customer network/system performance or reliability.
- Monitor for opportunities to improve the customer service delivery practices.
- Perform on-going management of network installation and upgrade projects and maintain deployment schedules.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain and extend expertise in applicable areas of network and computer hardware and software technology.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of relevant work experience; OR Master's degree and 3 years of relevant work experience; OR 9 years of relevant work experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree
- Cisco Certified Network Engineers must possess a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent level of Cisco Certification.
- Minimum three (3) years of hands-on network experience configuring routing protocols and switching configuration in medium (One Data Center and 600+ locations) to large enterprise (Two Data Centers and 1000+ locations) networks.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust clearance.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Passed the Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert Written examination within the last one year.
- At least 2 years of experience writing Python scripting language and Regular Expression.
- At Least 3 years of experience implementing Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) product in a large multi-data centers and enterprise environment.
- At least 3 years of experience deploying Cisco Virtual Private Network product such as Cisco ASA and Cisco Wireless LAN in a multi office and large campus environment.
- At least 3 years of experience working with physical media and equipment associated with each wired and wireless networking.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis