Description of Work:
Please Note: The client is only looking for candidates local to the Maryland area
- Provides technical analysis in data center and cyber security network planning, engineering, and design.
- Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network and cyber security related problems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers,multiplexes, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators.
- Evaluates potential networking products, technical solutions, and capacity requirements to meet business needs.
- Validate enterprise-level network design, newly released equipment software and operating system for vulnerabilities and deficiencies. Makes changes to mitigate the risk.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Reviews the customer's network looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability by utilizing the proven industry best-practices and architectures.
- Provides specifications and detail schematics for unified network architecture of the enterprise.
- Analyze current networking device configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Develops implementation strategies, plans and processes for a nationwide rollout/upgrade of the network equipment.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for administering the monitoring and performance measurement system.
- Upgrade configuration of existing networking equipment to support new features and functions.
- Provides daily monitoring/detection of potential performance/throughput issue and develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Configure and maintain Virtual Private Network (VPN), Network Admission Control (NAC), Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE), Cisco NEXUS, Cisco ASR.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- A Bachelors degree and 14+ years of relevant work experience with at least 5 years in engineering complex network systems; OR a Masters degree and 12 years of relevant work experience; OR a Ph.D. with 9 years of relevant work experience; OR 18 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Cisco Certified Network Engineers must possess a Cisco CCIE or equivalent level of Cisco Certification.
- Possess a second CCIE or CCDE credential.
- Extensive verifiable knowledge of Local Area Network technologies such as Ethernet, Identity Service Engine (ISE), 802.1x protocol, wireless LAN as wel as the physical media and equipment associated with each.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust clearance.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Preferred one of the CCIE certifications to be in Security domain.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco NXOS, Cisco ISE, SD-WAN.
- Prior hands on experience with Cisco networks.
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network technologies.
- Understanding of network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers and Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols and implementations.
- Understanding and experience with public and private cloud networking services.