Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
Job Description: • Primary responsibility will be to provide support for network connectivity or network related issues during the project engagement.
• Assist in circuit installation, maintenance and disconnects as requested by remote locations.
• Implement approved network changes as required.
• Work daily helpdesk incidents as required.
• Participates in rotational standby & monthly maintenance weekends.
• Conducts planning, network design and implementation to meet network requirements for the design and build of the data center and national wide area networks.
• Provides support for network connectivity or related network issues during the project engagement.
• Plans and monitors the installation of network systems and analyses network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors.
• Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
• Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network problems.
• Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
Qualifications: • Strong working familiarity with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, Cisco Nexus switches and Juniper SRX and Cisco ASA firewalls in a data center environment.
• Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN and NAC.
• Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to clearly document network designs, implementation plans and as-build final documentation package
• Experience with enterprise network grade products to include: Cisco Nexus 7000, 6500, 4500, ACE, ASA and Juniper SRX
• Advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS & NX-OS; EIGRP, BGP, GRE and OSPF.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 6 – 8 years related work experience
• CCNP Certification
Candidates must have all required skills/experience to be considered.
For consideration, please reference job number 1526.
San Francisco, CAContact