Please note that this is a 5 months contract position.
The client seeks a network engineer responsible for protecting the client’s global assets and interests which include systems, software, networks, computational elements and data through deep knowledge of both wired and wireless network and communication channels. Responsible to bring industry best methods and practices concerning monitoring the health of the network. Deep network engineering and troubleshooting skills and an understanding of the protocols throughout the OSI seven-layer stack are required of this position.
Role requires a technical wireless network visibility SME to perform analysis and monitoring for Local and wide area networks. Ability to utilize performance monitoring hardware and software, e.g. packet capture data to troubleshoot and interpret telecommunication network performance and determine causes of network and application problems. Knowledge of current network technologies including but not limited to Routing, Switching, Load Balancing, Domain Name Services (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Internet Protocol v4 and v6, Quality of Service (QoS), Voice over IP (VoIP). Previous work experience with using Cisco Prime Infrastructure (CPI) and Cisco Digital Network Architecture Center (DNAC) network products.
Note: Resource must be available to work onsite at client facility in Raleigh, NC and maintain capabilities to work remotely as required.
• Highly specialized in network engineering and troubleshooting.
• Acts independently under general direction. Provides technical assistance and advice on complex activities. Formulates / defines specifications, develops / modifies / maintains complex systems and subsystems, using vendor engineering releases and utilities for overall operational systems.
• Proven ability to configure network solutions to per customer requirements.
• Proven ability to analyze and review network communications within the operating environment to ensure proper protocol and port management, access and use.
• Proven ability to open/close protocols and ports based on the desired security and operating practices of the client.
• Experience providing an assessment of network monitoring tools and practices to be used for understanding the normal behavior of a networked device.
• Proven ability to produce network topology diagrams and network connected device diagrams, showing the in and out flow of data among devices
• Proven ability to document and develop technical procedures for the maintenance, operation and sustainment of the operating environment
• Experience in analyzing security logs generated by Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), firewalls, network flow systems, Anti-Virus, and/or other security products
• Experience monitoring daily network health reports and develops new reports as needed by security, management, and auditors.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills, self-motivated, results-driven and well organized.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
• Demonstrated knowledge monitoring, creating alerts, automated workflows and maintenance on network monitoring tools CPI and DNAC.
• Demonstrated ability with DNAC in creating automated workflows and deployments across multiple systems supporting device code and firmware upgrades.
• Demonstrated ability with monitoring tools in creating and utilizing dashboards to indentify problem areas and providing early detection of potential issues.
• Demonstrated ability utilizing Service Now incident tracking and resolution.
• BS degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Software Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar technical discipline.
• Demonstrated ability to lead others and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
o CISCO Network Engineer
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A786.