Peraton is a critical partner to the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and select federal agencies and commercial entities, providing innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. We are recognized as a trusted provider of highly differentiated space, intelligence, cyber, defense, homeland security, and communications capabilities. Our scientific discovery and research empower our employees and help our government keep America and our allies secure. All of this is possible due to the human insight and ingenuity of our most important asset, our employees.
We have a compelling opportunity for a Network Engineer in
support our unique customer in the Washington Metro Area (WMA).
This position requires an active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
- Work involves oversight and technical direction of system-wide issues requiring advanced levels of understanding of network theory and the specific enterprise network architecture
- Establishing overall strategic network standards and priorities
- Providing the highest level of technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of networking solutions
- Analyzing the optimization of network system performance
- Overseeing the strategic interface of network systems configuration
- Using and incorporating broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas within the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies, computing systems hardware and software protocols.
- Provide high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources on which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs.
- TCP/IP transport network design and engineering, network routing protocols, advanced virtual networking technologies
- Performing upgrades and performing routine network operations and maintenance (O&M).
- Identifying and implementing INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements for the network.
- Complex configuration management techniques and requirements for managing network systems
- Network operating and maintenance concepts and methods used to troubleshoot network problems for LAN, WAN, VPN, SD-WAN and VoIP
- Cisco IOS, including switching, routing, segment routing and other technologies
- Radio Frequency (RF) and spectrum engineering
- Optical networking technology and engineering
- Satellite communications engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field
- Minimum of 6 years of experience
- TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
Sign on disclaimerSign-on Bonus Disclaimer: Candidates who receive and accept an offer may be eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $20,000 if hired into this role.Current Peraton employees transferring into one of these roles are not eligible to receive sign-on bonuses. Sign-on bonuses are not guaranteed and eligibility requirements apply. Payment terms will begin after first 90 days of employment are subject to applicable tax withholdings.
- Variety of network technologies and solution architectures
- Broad understanding of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the networking field.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art systems engineering principles and network design concepts
- Virtualization experience (VDI & VMWare)
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Security best practices and implementing firewalls and perimeter security measures including VPN technologies
- Continuous integration, test automation and / or SecDevOps on iterative development projects
- Agile Development methodologies
- Cisco Certifications: CCNA or CCNP
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.