Complete Description Exciting direct hire opportunity for a Network Engineer with a Global company in Scottsdale! Bonus PLUS outstanding benefits, including paid medical/dental!Position Summary
The Network Engineer is responsible for all digital communication on the corporate networks and allows our client to communicate both internally and externally to its employees and partners ensuring business goals are achieved. They are expected to design and install new systems to improve the performance and security of the company's communication structure while maintaining the upkeep of existing infrastructure and networks.
The Network Engineer assumes ownership for the deployment, development and continuous improvement of all physical and cloud network infrastructure systems and services including security, stability, performance, and support. In addition, the Network Engineer supports and executes administrative functions as required by leadership, incidents, or resource availability.
Additionally, the Network Engineer is to maintain vendor and business partner relationships, environment planning and documentation, and growth planning to meet customer needs; and ensures established processes and procedures are followed using best practices to deploy, improve and monitor systems for predictable availability.
This individual is a highly motivated, self-starting team member who leads by example is accountable for assigned workload and deliverables and provides excellent service to all customers and partners. They are excellent communicators, planners and well experienced in the equipment for which they are responsible. Position Accountabilities
Other duties and qualities.
- Manage, maintain, and improve the posture of customer's wired networking or network impacting equipment including.
- Palo Alto NGFW both on premise and in the cloud.
- Prisma Access
- Aruba ClearPass
- Aruba Switches
- 802.1x wired configurations
- Manage, maintain, and improve the posture of customer's wireless networking or network impacting equipment including.
- Aruba IAP 505 series access points
- Aruba IAP 505 series virtual controller
- Aruba Central
- 802.1x wireless configurations
- Deploy and improve security related initiatives including:
- Public and Private Certificate deployment and management.
- HIP Checking.
- SSL Decryption.
- Policy based user access.
- Log review and discovery.
- Intrusion analysis when required.
- Carries out advanced administration duties such as automation, scripting, software evaluation and installation.
- Reviews and maintains security settings and application updates on applicable appliances.
- Work with internal and external teams to deploy, maintain and support remote systems.
- Repair and replace network hardware and software as needed.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls both on premise and in the cloud.
- Maintain knowledge base of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within Customer's environment making complicated processes repeatable by lesser qualified technicians.
- Support PCI compliance initiatives by attending firewall, network, and policy review sessions.
- Provide advanced support for IT Help Desk partners.
- Be an owner not an observer of the systems you are entrusted.
- Be accountable for successes and failures.
- Eliminate self-inflicted failures through rigorous planning, preparation, and change control.
- Know your limits, do not gamble with production systems.
- Commit to working together as one team, exceed service expectations by developing positive relationships and treat others with value and respect.
- Build trust among your peers and leadership by exhibiting integrity through successfully achieving goals, delivering on commitments, and participating in team solutions.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Attend all company required training and actively participate in development conversations with managers.
- Contribute to the overall growth and success of company by embracing their core values:
- We are One Company.
- We are accountable.
- We get the job done right.
- We empower others.
- 3 years Palo Alto NGFW administration and deployment.
- 3 years Panorama and Prisma Access administration and deployment.
- 3 years' experience deploying networks, security groups, instances, VPC's, VPN's peering connections, gateways at AWS.
- 5 years Network administration and deployment including:
- Aruba switching.
- Role based access.
- IPSEC and SSL VPN.
- AAA / 802.1x authentication.
- 5 years enterprise wireless administration and deployment.
- Aruba IAP 505 access points.
- Aruba Central
- 1x EAP-TLS
- 5 years enterprise experience with Single Sign On (SSO) and MFA technologies including SAML and experience with OneLogin or Okta.
- 5 years enterprise experience designing and implementing network solutions for security conscious enterprises that fall under some form of PCI accountability
- Strong experience in Network access control concepts including machine and user certificates, EAP-TLS.
- BS in Computing or equivalent experience.
- Palo Alto Certified Network Engineer (PCNSE)
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking.
- Aruba Certifications:
- Networking - ACSP
- Wireless - ACMP
- Aruba ClearPass - ACCP
- ITIL certified
- Fluent in Spanish