Network / Systems Engineer
Robert Half Technology has an immediate opening for an experienced Network/Systems Engineer to join our team in the greater Millersville, MD location!
This is an exciting opportunity for you to work in a Managed Services environment, gaining exposure to multiple environments while continuing to advance your skillset!
The successful Network/Systems Engineer will provide continued support for multiple businesses and institutions, specializing in disaster recovery planning, risk mitigation, budgeting forecasting, and compliance.
This is a client-facing opportunity where communication skills are essential!
* Provide excellent desktop, server, and network-level support
* Communicate technical information effectively to clients and internal management
* Provide timely and competent response to technology support requests
* Configure LAN and WAN topologies, server staging, and deployment
* Provide Tier 2 or Tier 3 Support Desk support
Required Technical Skills:
* Minimum of a two-year degree preferably with emphasis on information systems or
technology management (Or the equivalent combination of experience and training)
* Five years of experience in technical customer support
* Excellent communication skills
* Minimum of 8 years? experience performing systems and network troubleshooting
* Extensive knowledge of workstation operating systems, applications, networks and
networking technologies, as well as technology management tools
* Expert knowledge of server operating systems, e-mail systems, network security
* Extensive experience working with and knowledge of products provided by leading
technology providers, e.g. Microsoft, HP, Dell, ShoreTel, WatchGuard, SonicWall, Symantec
* Managed services experience, e.g. Kaseya, Labtech
* Vendor certifications, e.g. MCSE, CCNA, CSSA
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume directly to Ted Keigler at email@example.com and/or call him directly at (410) 783-6290.- 5+ years networking experience
- MS Windows Server 2012 experience
- Active Directory experience
- Firewall experience preferred
- Solid understanding of network analysis
- Skilled in network design and implementation strategies