If you have technical expertise in networking hardware and software, Robert Half Technology is searching for a Network Engineer. Candidates with strong attention to detail and a firm grasp of interfacing, security, Internet protocols and server and network infrastructure will be successful in this role. If you are passionate about technical networking, learn more about this position today. This long term temporary Network Engineer position is located in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area.
Responsibilities in this role will include:
* Complete updates to LAB Visio network architecture diagrams, including OTN ASN.
* Finish technical documentation outlining all needed duties and processes when adding a new network device to the DT infrastructure. Radius, AAA, DNS, Visio, etc?
* Review and provide input to new technical requirements
* Ability to participate in defining overall approach and structure of lab designs
* Install, configure, and maintain test environment equipment.
* Configure and rework Radius, AAA, DSN, VTY Access list, etc. on all network equipment.
* Proactive identification and resolution of complex technical and operational issues
* Perform bug verification, development and testing on reported issues as needed
* Ability to engage with vendors to resolve equipment issues and identify future needs
* Provide a Bill of Material for equipment required to meet future requirements
* Provide reports on a weekly basis of all system design and maintenance activity
* Coordinate activities between departments to ensure uninterrupted business operation
* Travel between labs may be required. Labs are currently located in PA and NJ. The employee would be based in Downingtown, PA where 90% of employee's work will take place
For immediate consideration please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org- An understanding of networking such as switching and routing is desired
- Microsoft Office experience desired
- 3+ years networking experience
* Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent job related experience/knowledge as determined by management
* Experience with cable TV or telecommunications industry is desired
* 5+ years? experience in IT Infrastructure/Network group (not application help desk)
* 5+ years? experience in CO, Headend and /or NOC environments
* Administering Cisco CNR or BACC a plus
* CCNA network certification