Job ID: 2119197 Location:
ARLINGTON , VA , US Date Posted:
Yes, 25 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Network Engineer
to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program. This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS.
The USACE RITS contract will provide modern and secure enterprise-wide IT support services to approximately 37,000 USACE customers located throughout the CONUS and OCONUS. Services will support the mission needs of USACE's Headquarters (HQs) located in Washington, D.C., nine Divisions and 43 Districts, to include over 1,500 field and area project offices and two data centers that are currently located in Vicksburg, Mississippi, and Hillsboro, Oregon. Responsibilities Include:
Qualifications Required Education and Experience
- Develop, plan, acquire, install, and manage innovative, high-performance connectivity solutions for USACE wired (copper, fiber) and wireless network topologies (WiFi, cellular, microwave, SATCOM). Support customer Requirements Analysis to ensure appropriate services and capacity are provided to USACE customers.
- Provide reach-back support at common and non-standard locations. Design and deliver service connectivity using various combinations of IP transport media. (e.g., copper, fiber, Wi-Fi, cable, cellular, satellite, LOS microwave).
- Design core infrastructure as a multi-carrier environment with diverse multiple connections, including high speed/high bandwidth/low latency connections to the USACE mission networks (CorpsNet, SIPRNet) ,Internet, cloud providers, external telecom providers, content delivery providers, and other approved networks in accordance with USACE mission requirements.
- Provide transport network infrastructure planning and design solutions on all network issues supporting USACE. Implement operational design standards and establishes appropriate network interfaces that best fulfill interoperability and efficient routing requirements.
- Provide troubleshooting to enable network fix actions and escalation via documented ticketing processes.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage analog- and IP-based voice services; modernize existing connections to Ethernet-based (public or private) transport to increase service performance as required. Provide worldwide access using technologies and support of zero-trust environments.
- Coordinate with the USACE team for DAR-related processing/actions for Government-provided services such as Iridium, DoDIN, SIPRNet, BGAN, INMARSAT, Short Burst Data, DSN, VSAT Bandwidth, etc.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience Required Certification
: IAT Level III
CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH, CCSP Required Clearance
: Must have or be able to obtain a Secret clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.