Job ID: 2119039 Location:
BETHESDA , MD , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a mission-driven candidate looking to help keep our nation safe. We are currently recruiting a Network Engineer who will work on an interdisciplinary team under minimal supervision.
Tasks required of the right candidate include:
- Maintaining assigned hardware infrastructure and virtualization platform utilizing VMWare, Microsoft Windows, and Linux technologies
- Maintain V-Center and NetApp storage and Cisco network infrastructures.
- Candidate will also be expected to interface and integrate with IT and Operations technology requirements.
SAIC will fill this position with a self-motivator and someone with a keen attention to detail. The right candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment supporting the mission with high visibility.Qualifications
- Requires a current/active TS/SCI with CI polygraph.
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 requirements to include training or certification on the OS platform and predominant database platform supported.
- Full Stack Engineer to include demonstrated experience in system engineering (ESXi, VMware, Windows, Linux, Active Directory, DNS), network engineering (Cisco Nexus, Juniper, IP management), and storage engineering (NetApp).
- 10+ years of work experience in a data center environment or lab IT services; experience in maintaining VMWare virtualization platform, providing virtualization hosting and storage solutions to engineering teams for production and testing of digital forensics and analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in communicating to audiences of varying expertise.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.